3x3 Tent, 600 watt HiD, 4x White Widow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Grower89, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I'm on my second grow now, wanted to share it with you guys, and get a few of your opinions. My first grow consisted of 13 cfls, a homemade grow box, a tiny desk fan, and bagseed. Since then I bought a 3x3 tent, 600 watt mh/hps convertible light, 6" extraction fan, and a couple other fans for inside the tent. I have 4 femenized white widows this go round. Meant to get this journal up and going when I started the grow, but that didnt happen. Still better late than never. Anywhoo on to pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shortly after topping:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this one was taken last night:

[​IMG]

At this point they are 9 days into 12/12. A major concern of mine, is my tent to full? Im thinking they will end around 2.5-3ft. they are at 2ft now, and grown about 9" over the last week, im thinking they'll do close to another 9" before the stretch is over. Either way im not sure if my tent is to full or not, I love how the canopy is across the entire tent right now, hoping this will be ok. Going to be cutting lower growth off today and probably a week or 1.5 weeks from now again.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, if it'll help me grow better im all for it. Will update this probably weekly maybe bi weekly depending on what my schedule allows. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy!

2. Few things I forgot to mention, using Ffof soil, 5 gallon smart pots (more like 3 gallon, didnt have enough soil to fill these up, if I could go back id do 3 gallons, 5s are a little big for this size plant i think), a twin window fan sits horizontal to the light and blows between the light and the top of the plants. and a small desk fan in the bottom of the tent for air circulation down there, want to get another oscillating fan for underneath the plants when flowering starts. Lastly, I dont have a carbon filter yet, but no buds either. Once buds start popping up and the house starts to smell good ill make a filter, until then i wanna see what it smells like.

3. Nice setup all in all! I'd trim some lower branches but I wouldn't say it's too full. I have a similar setup.. 3x4 tent, 750watts hps, 6 plants. Like myself u may end up regretting not having a screen to support the buds

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. yeah man gonna do a good bit of trimming sometime today and probably in another week or so. also gonna throw 160 watts of 6500k cfls I'm there once I switch to the hps to get a better light spectrum, and I don't think the extra light will hurt.

Yeah I'm hoping I don't need to help the branches support the buds. if so I'll have to figure something out.

5. I've never used cfl's but as u say more light can't hurt I spose. Keep us posted man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Can you post some photos of your fan setup? All I have is a clip on and I'm not happy with it at all. Not many options for a 32x32 tent. If you get a chance, check out my grow in my signature!
    :passing-joint:

7. I'll have to get some pics. right now it's a 6" ipower fan pulling heat from the light, suspended outside the tent, a twin window ran hung inside the tent parallel to the light blowing across the bottom of the light and tops of the plants, and a small desk fan underneath the plants. thinking about getting another fan for under the plants but I'm not to sure if it's necessary as the 6" pulls a good bit of air.

8. did some trimming on the bottoms of the plants, will finish up either trimming in a few days. almost 2 weeks into the stretch, they're getting ready to start budding! will get pics of the tips and rest of the plants when the lights come on.

[​IMG]

9. 600 watts of light is not enough to flower out all those plants in that tent. You're going to be seriously pressed for space once they start to flower and will end up shading out much of the undergrowth because of crowding in too many plants. Honestly, with a 600 watt light, 2 is the absolute MAX I would try and flower in that tent at a time...especially growing White Widow. I grow the same strain and the plant can get huge and bushy, given proper light, and fill up much more space than one would expect. If you want to grow some seriously fine buds, jump up to a 1000 watt lamp which should easily flower off 3 plants and give you the big fat buds we all work hard to grow. But what your plants do and the amount of yield in the end, is totally dependent on each plant getting adequate wattage and space to grow. Good luck with it all. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grow is coming down Friday to start drying. didn't end up as good as I hoped abs I believe that's due to the info above, to many plants in the area. next go round is a pair a blue dreams in a 3x3 scrog. sticking with the 600 watt for the scrog.

They got hella sick due to a myriad of problems, but it's a resilient plant and they pulled through.

[​IMG]

Looking pretty frosty, much better looking than my first grow.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. You could've defoliated a bit more to allow light into the plants canopy and supplement the hps bulb with some LEDs clamped on the sides. I heard they work well together and wouldve helped a bit with side and undergrowth. I think I paid like 25$ per 24w in each corner of the tent.

I have almost the exact same grow going right now (3x3, 4 white widows, 600 watt mh/hps, 6 inch intake/exhaust) but I'm still only halfway into veg. I have a journal if you want to take a peek. I recommend trimming most of the leaves inside and leaving the exterior/side leaves alone that way light can pass through and produce healthy bottom growth too. All and all buds look frosty. Congrats on the harvest!

• Like Like x 1

12. Damn 2lbs? that's awesome and impressive man. Your journa looks nice. I wish i woulda lst these instead of just topping. I'm shooting for 1lb with my next attempt. gonna scrog, think it'll be much more efficient than this round. I topped once this try and nothing really other than that. gonna top and lst before they hit the screen.

Yeah I did some lollipopping other than that I didn't really take any leaves. right now I'm running some cfls as supplementary light and some mixed spectrum. 2 sets of 4 bulbs. could only run the light at 450 watts this round. 600 made it a bit hot. I think I am gonna switch to leds instead of the cfls. the leds will have much better spread. however if I can run at 600 watts this round idk if I'll even need the extra light in a 3x3. guess more never hurts.

13. Tying them down as they grow really makes a huge difference, turns them into a bushes instead of stalks. if you make them bushy, I wouldn't try more than 4 plants though as space will be a big problem in a 3x3. My last grow I had to transfer everything to a 4x4 tent due to running out of space.

defoliating slows the plants growth down a little but nothing significant and the benefits far outweigh the couples weeks lost in recovery. 600 bulb is great for a 3x3 space if you open up the canopy with a little defoliation.

Plants lose leaves in nature from animals and weather, don't be afraid to get rid of some of the fat fan leaves blocking possible bud sites, unless your goal is to only make big top colas and care less about yield and more about appearance. Comes down to personal preference mostly

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah next grow is gonna be a pair of plants. gonna try a scrog this round. Gonna top and lst before they go under the screen. might have to veg a little longer but it'll be much easier to manage with just 2. I'll def be doing more defoliation next grow. I did next to nothing, minus lollipopping.

15. And thanks for the insight!

16. Few bud shots after trimming:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's still drying, looks much better than my first grow, still I know I can do better. next run should produce a good bit more.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Good job

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

18. So I dried it for a week and it's been in jars for about 4 days now. just tried it for the first time, smoked like 3 bowls and I'm not as high as I get off of Mexibrick weed. lol.. I think I over dried, maybe harvested early idk.

19. Do the buds flake apart when you lightly squeeze them? Use humidipaks to bring moisture back into your buds. I wouldn't smoke any of the harvest until it's been curing for at least 3 weeks. finger hash is an exception haha

9/10 of people harvest too early. gotta check the trichomes and leaf health to determine when she's ready to be cut, don't listen to any suggested seed bank harvest time. they want you to harvest as soon as possible so you can buy more of their seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Double post