3x3 grow tent set up??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sniixers, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Hey guys! First time ever posting in a forum...hopefully it works out okay!
    3x3 tent, with 6 feminized white widow’s... just wondering if 600w LED, is enough for 6 plants? Or should I go higher? Or would it even be better to get 2 lower wattage lights to spread it out more? (Also if 6 plants is too many for a 3x3??)
    Any and all advice is massively appreciated :)

2. I grow 4 in my 3x3..it is very crowded..I have WW , as well, and she gets huge in flower..If I didn't want more variety, I would grow 3.

Lighting..what "600w" Led do you have?
    If it is a Vipar, Mars, Meizhi, or the like..multiply by 65% and you will be closer to true watts..I figure with Burple LEDs..45-50 true watts per sq ft..your 3x3 has 9 sq ft..so..you need about 400w-450w for good results..WHITE LEDs are even more efficient..say 40watts per sq ft..Mix them all together, and you have the best of the LED world at present..

Bottom line.more small lights are better and more versatile than a single big light, and you have a spare(s) if something burns out. Burples are old tech and White lights like the HLG QBs are the new tech..
    I run a few HLGs, a high end burple, and a few HLG QBs, around my grow(s).
    8-6-18 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Listen to my grandfather ^ he knows his shit

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey man, firstly those are some sexy plants you got there! & thanks very much for the detailed reply! I haven’t actually gotten anything yet, getting everything together now during the week so I’m still in the research phase before I start ordering.
    So you think that anymore than 3 white widows would be too crowded for a 3x3? But yeah, was thinking of getting the vipar 600... various different light sources are a bit intimidating for a first time grower haha, I might keep it simple this time round with just the one burple led. If what you’re saying about it’s true wattage being 65% of what it claims then it should give about 390 Watts... Is this a bit on the low side or should that do fine given it’s only 3 plants?.. and if there were more plants, would you need a greater wattage even though the area remains the same?
    What kind of height do you think i’d Need the tent to be at? Also, given the wattage, any rough estimate of yield for white widow? (Planning on maybe 8/9 weeks veg, & Assuming I do a relatively decent job with nutes etc.(fingers crossed)). I know I’m attacking you with questions here, so apologies about that haha

5. Look at my WW..she is trying to take over..3 would be plenty..don't forget, you still have to reach them to water and train..If you do (and I would get Meizhi over any Vipar anyway), I strongly suggest not a single big light..just get two smaller ones..A few $$ more, but say 1 plant stretches to say 3 ft, and the others are at 3.5 ft..Your canopy is porked and even light distribution won't happen..Don't forget about a hot spare..these things fail..They use cheap Bridgelux Diodes (like $.10 each) that suck..I ran Meizhis for a year..as far as cheaper imports..they are great, as is their CS.

Don't get your question about tent height..a 3x3 should be 6' high..say 1 ft for hangers, 1 ft ft a pot, only leaves 4 feet usuable height..if your plant reaches 3 ft in flower..she will get light burn from being too close..
    QBs can be made with a built in dimmer..invaluable if things go nuts, as they sometimes do..I forgot to supercrop a GDP once..she got so tall, I had to remove the hangers and ghetto up something fast.

I sold the Meizhi(s) off this year and got more QBs..Same money and way better lights. They even sell DIY kits..(simple to make)
    Quantum 135w.JPG QB 1-20-18=1.JPG QB 132s 1-20-18.JPG Fixture 2.JPG Fixture.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yields are impossible to judge,..depends on Genetics, grower's skill (the big Kahuna), Nutes, climate conditions, medium etc..Mine got about 4 ounces of dried bud, Plus larf.

Mine was from a Seedsman feminized seed..I love the high and easy to grow, but there was no taste..I took another female Cackleberry Cherry Diesel x Stardawg).."turned her Male with Colloidal silver, and pollinated a few branches of the same WW genetic in another tent.

Look her to see what's happening now..:)
    see post #95
    Robbie’s retreat NTG!

7. 4x8 x 84 inches tall lighthouse hydro old style tent
    4 plants
    [​IMG]
    Next go around will only be 3 plants .. figure 3ft diameter per plant .

• Like Like x 2
  8. I would run 2 600 watts in a 3x3 if they are viparspectra. And no more than 4 plants. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 Buzzer777, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Hands down..the BEST light available..LMAO
    (just to show what these plants can spread out to..and these are in 3 or 5 gallon small fabric pots .
    8-22-18 3.jpg 8-22-18 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. So 2 x 600 vipar led’s for 4 plants in a 3x3 tent, should be okay? Would ScrOG’ing be best or would I be stuck for area? Thanks for the reply too man!

11. I think that would be sufficient lighting. Unless you want to go with QBs. I’m looking into those myself. And yes scrog would be best option to get even yield. I don’t usually scrog just because I grow autos so I can’t give you much advice about scrog. but I also use the 600 watt vipar in my 2x2. I get great results. But run it full spectrum if that’s the light you choose

12. I said no more scrog. It was too hard to water, and care for my plants, so things suffered..I get great yields now just training (supercropping), etc..I hated cutting down the nets and re-stringing every time I chopped (Perpetual), so I just grow em as I see fit. I also stagger my grows, so something is always coming down.

13. Yes It’s a pain. I don’t like to water my plants in tent. Scrog makes that impossible. I have yet to super crop. Assuming it will stress my autos to much

• Like Like x 1
  14. I only grow Photos, so IDK.. LST should be ok though?

15. Oh yes very much so. A little lst can go a long way.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1