3x2x5 Tent in a closet. FIRST GROW

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tentfarmer, Aug 31, 2015.

1. 20150830_202305.jpg 20150830_202336.jpg
    20150830_202449.jpg
    20150830_202505.jpg
    20150830_202516.jpg
    20150830_202608.jpg

Hey guys!

My first post here. I have read this site for a while now, but just made an account and will be sticking around.
    So this is my first ever grow. 3x2x5 (WxDxH) tent with 150 Sun Systems HPS, 170cfm inline hurricane fan pulling air through a 4in carbon filter and exausting up top, passive air intakes around the bottom, clip on 6 in hurricane fan inside to keep my ladies rustled up, and growing in Oregon's Only Organics # 4 soil in 3 gal smart pots.
    This is a totally organic grow which will be using a super soil consisting of 1.5 Cu.ft Oregon's Only Organics #4 soil, 1 cup bone meal, 1 cup blood meal, 1 cup rock phosphate, and 2/3 cup garden lime. Soil will be sitting for around 30-40 days before being used in the bottom 1/3 of my 3 gallon smart pots. I've got 3 sprouts in there now of my two favorite Humboldt Seed strains, BLUE DREAM and TRAINWRECK!

I've got 3 seeds germed and planted, all feminised, 2 blue dream, 1 trainwreck. (my second trainwreck was a dud) One blue dream is already a 3in sprout in 3 days in its solo cup!!! Proud of her lol. I will be starting a journal and I would love everyone's feedback! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. I grew out the same tent in my closet for 3 years...had a 600w adjustable (mostly on 450w) on its own 6" exhaust and cooltube then attached 2 4" flanges back to back and cut out the middle for the fan and filter pulling the heat out...got 8-10oz with a scrog...your setup looks clean just saying you can upgrade it sometime if ya want..good luck man lots of help round here any questions just hmu I grew that blue dream for a while too it puts on some weight [​IMG]

3. Thanks man I appreciate the insight. I was gonna go with the sun system 250W hps but the temps are my biggest concern because of the all in one light [​IMG]. I think the 3 girls should be alright with the 150, I'll just have to see what I can do with some YouTube learned bonsai skills to make a decently level canopy lol. I'm hopeful! My little BD sprout is growing like a weed haha.

4. The more I read now I am regretting the 150. Im thinking about upgrading to 250W. There will be 3 girls in 3 gal pots. Idk if my little 150 will be able to get much from them. Any insight would be great!

5. what do you mean two 4" back to back?

6. #6 TinTizzy, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    Like the metal flanges I just had one on the outside and one inside screwed through the canvas then cut out the middle.. I did have the light venting out of the room though so that helped a lot with heat but my rooms cold in the winter so no ac needed then