3rd try at a first DWC CFL grow....Poorgirls grow.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by RichielivesinMI, Feb 15, 2014.

1. So back in December I ordered 15 KC Brains KC45 regular auto seeds because they were autos and nicely priced.

First try I started 3 without germing just threw them straight into the wet Grodan cubes. With a 2 foot t5 light. They spouted several days later and were looking strong. I kept them in my cloning dome until a root came out the bottom then put them in a 30 gallon system I put together. Using the same little light. They grew well but I messed it up when I moved to another house. I let the roots dry out in transport and it was no hope after that. At that time I didn't even thing of grabbing clones. I'm a noob to the extreme. Anyway.

The second time I used different lights the system I had was with the 30 gallon Rubbermaid and this other stuff:

3 airpumps

4 airstones 2 on one pump then 1 on each of the other 2 single airpumps.
    I used 4 daylight 23 actual watt 2 soft white 23 actual watt CFL lights connected to some desk lamps.

I also had 2 personal fans from walmart in the closet with them but I didn't have them on yet.

Ill post pictures of that system on a later date.

The second try the roots started coming out the bottom of 2/3 net pots touching water. the tops looked good very green and my ph was steady at 6.0 When I left for work. 12 hours later I come home to droopy dead plants. The water was clean no nutes everything solid. Still dead plants.

This time I really beefed my system up as well as got approved to grow I lOVE Michigan.

I have 3 5 gallon containers to start and ill go bigger as necessary.2 airstones in each container 24 total CFL light attached to a board that can be raised and lowered. I haven't used these smaller systems yet but I'm hoping for good results.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

2. [quote name="RichielivesinMI" post="19528758" timestamp="1392488956"]So back in December I ordered 15 KC Brains KC45 regular auto seeds because they were autos and nicely priced.

First try I started 3 without germing just threw them straight into the wet Grodan cubes. With a 2 foot t5 light. They spouted several days later and were looking strong. I kept them in my cloning dome until a root came out the bottom then put them in a 30 gallon system I put together. Using the same little light. They grew well but I messed it up when I moved to another house. I let the roots dry out in transport and it was no hope after that. At that time I didn't even thing of grabbing clones. I'm a noob to the extreme. Anyway.

The second time I used different lights the system I had was with the 30 gallon Rubbermaid and this other stuff:

3 airpumps

4 airstones 2 on one pump then 1 on each of the other 2 single airpumps.
    I used 4 daylight 23 actual watt 2 soft white 23 actual watt CFL lights connected to some desk lamps.

I also had 2 personal fans from walmart in the closet with them but I didn't have them on yet.

Ill post pictures of that system on a later date.

The second try the roots started coming out the bottom of 2/3 net pots touching water. the tops looked good very green and my ph was steady at 6.0 When I left for work. 12 hours later I come home to droopy dead plants. The water was clean no nutes everything solid. Still dead plants.

This time I really beefed my system up as well as got approved to grow I lOVE Michigan.

I have 3 5 gallon containers to start and ill go bigger as necessary.2 airstones in each container 24 total CFL light attached to a board that can be raised and lowered. I haven't used these smaller systems yet but I'm hoping for good results.

3. These are the babies today 5 days from the day I dropped the seed in the cube. The first three days I left them uncovered but I didn't get any results. I then covered with solo cup and bam little babies sprouted in the dark.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

4. I see people still frequent this post so here's a update.

Attached Files:

5. are your fans turned on? you might wanna think about having at least one fan blowing directly on the plant to keep it from getting burned by the heat...plus it strengthens the plant/branches...
    also shouldn't add nutrients until about 2 weeks...how old is the plant in the pic?

6. 26 days and I have a fan blowing on her.

7. Check out my grow journal the link is above