3rd Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by timm40, Jul 16, 2012.

1. #1 timm40, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
    This is my third grow.....first two were bag seed and they did excellent.........still gets me very high. Bought some Seedsman White Widow......soil is a 50/50 blend of my own compost and MG peat moss. PH corrected well water with a Tbs. of H2O2 and 1/2 tsp. of MG tomato food per gallon. These plants are three weeks old. This is an attic grow with a south facing skylight and the box is insulation foam board lined with Mylar. Have some days where temps hit 100 degrees and they still keep cruising right along with no signs of stress. These were topped four days ago.

Attached Files:

2. FYI, compost made by you=pests. Any soil mix needs to be sterilized in the oven either by manufacturer or you. Promix is reliable. Seriously dude! Spider mites suck. An ounce of prevention=a pound of weed. Remember what your grandmother told you. Also Weed likes air in soil so perlite is your friend and will help retain some moisture too.

3. Fox farm is better than mg as well, and 100 degrees you're fonna need some ventilation n their eventually
    Perlite is also good. I use these nutrients if I had big bloom and grow big I'd use them as well

Attached Files:

4. [quote name='"Diana2x4"']Fox farm is better than mg as well, and 100 degrees you're fonna need some ventilation n their eventually
    Perlite is also good. I use these nutrients if I had big bloom and grow big I'd use them as well[/quote]

Diana happy first post!!
    I would also put the soil in the oven but it won't kill you if you don't it could just ruin your crop... Look for some mother earth perlite I use the 1/2' pieces

5. #5 timm40, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012

Compost cooks itself....never had an issue with spider mites or weed seeds in the compost. I also put a pest strip in the box with it and have a high velocity fan blowing from the bottom and exhausting through the top. My mixture of soil consist of my compost and MG Peat Moss......seems to hold water very well and only need to water it about every 4-5 days.

6. I've never ever gotten spider mites from compost....

7. [quote name='"refermadness420"']

Diana happy first post!!
    I would also put the soil in the oven but it won't kill you if you don't it could just ruin your crop... Look for some mother earth perlite I use the 1/2' pieces[/quote]

Thanks

8. Just an update......week 4 day 2

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      94.8 KB
      Views:
  9. #9 timm40, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
    Day 47 update.......chugging right along.

Attached Files:

10. Did you hear that MG bought out FF?

11. Update.....flowering started on 08/15....5 seeds, 4 plants and one male later... Feeding 1/4 tsp of MG Bloom Booster and 1 TBLSP of molasses per gallon of ph corrected water. Watering about every 2-2.5 days.

Attached Files:

12. Update.......week 5 of flowering. Had an issue for about 3 weeks where I wasn't feeding it enough and my ph water was getting to low (5.0) once molasses was added. Bought a ph pen and made the adjustment after a good flush. One plant was really slow at growing bud........once I cleared everything up.........she kicked right in and may even ending up being the biggest yielding plant.

Attached Files:

13. Coming up on week 8.........these colas are amazing in bright sun light. They seem to get bigger and better everyday.

Attached Files: