3rd grow, 4800w, hydro

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Weezyk, Jul 29, 2012.

1. This is my third grow but I upgraded my room a little bit. The clones are not in yet but they should be ready in about 5 days. I have 30 plants totala for me and my friend. I plan to update a few times a week with all my readings and pictures so follow along and feel free to give any input. For my feeding I use the Lucas Formula with the General Hydroponics Flora series with a little Cal/Mg. it's what I learned on and seems to work pretty well for me. So here's the room..

DIMENSIONS:
    -about 9'X11.5'
    -going to have a 5.5'X9.5' scrog over the system

SYSTEM:
    -I have 3-27 gal totes under each row of 2 pipes.
    -The pipes are 8"(I've used 6" in the past and just wanted to change it up and try something new)
    -I do continuous flow using a 633gph water pump.
    -Every inch of the pipes are covered with air stones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LIGHTING:
    -4 dual 600w lumatek digital ballasts
    -8 air-cooled hoods separated into 2 rows of 4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VENTILATION:
    -I have a Sentinel CHHC-4 atmosphere controller that controls the temp, humidity, and co2 with fuzzy logic day-time/night-time sensor. It's a great investment I got it from thehydrosource.com

[​IMG]

-2-8" max fans each cool 4 lights
    -An 8" inline fan pulling air through my carbon filter as my exhaust. My fan is plugged into the atmosphere controller in the cooling outlet.
    -For my co2 I use a propane burning co2 burner which is set at 1500ppm

[​IMG]

-I have the co2 and exhaust fans interlocked on the controller so the exhaust fans do not run while the co2 is running.
    -The humidifier is also plugged into the controller keeping the levels near perfect
    -To make sure the room stays cool with all that light I have 2 12000btu air conditioners.

Well wish me luck with the clones I'll update once I put the babies in. For now here are some past crop pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. how much of an investment is that whats the utilitys like monthly running the 8 lights?

3. What's with all the bigger grows not goin the full way? Makes me not wanna post :/