Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

3rd attempt at making cannabutter!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MilkyAurora, May 20, 2017.

1. Hey guys! I just made a batch of cannabutter to try out some baking with later, super excited but the last two times i tried it didn't work well.

Some mistakes i made with first attempts was my oven temp gauge being off when decarbing, which i now on this attempt got a oven thermetre and set it to 220f for 40 mins to decarb 76 grams of fresh fan leafs/sugar leaves and some bud trimmings of my two Auto Moby Dicks. Turned out around 19G.

To make it i used a crockpot set to low, left on for 11 hours, stirring every couple hours.
    1 litre of water and 400g of butter and 19g of decarbed trim.

Sieved the mixture and left to set, got rid of the water and remelted the butter to form a mould, currently its solidifying in my fridge.

Here's a picture... Do you think it looks ok? 500ML mason jar.

Will keep this updated with what i bake/results :)

20170520_172032.jpg

20170520_172044.jpg

2. You have probably severely over-decarbed that herb. Making cannabutter using a crockpot is very hit and miss because it doesn't decarb correctly or consistently. The simplest thing to do is to decarb your herb first (240 F for 40 min works well), grind to powder, then bake with it as is, preferably mixing the MJ powder into the recipe's oil/butter, and trying to limit baking time/temp to avoid over-decarb. Equivalently, you could decarb as before, mix with oil or butter without straining, then use. A lot of people will object to the slight herb taste, and there are two ways to avoid that. (1) Strain out the plant matter, but that will lose half the thc to the straining process and remaining sludge. (2) Use grain alcohol to make FECO, which loses practically nothing to the straining process, then add it to warm oil/butter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I decarbed it in the oven first ofcourse :)

4. Just made a microwave cup brownie, used two tablespoons of melted cannabutter in the recipe. Ate it with icecream and honey and tasted amazing.
    Now to wait... :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Your oven decarb was too short, but that was made up in the first half hour or so of crockpot. At 220 F, you'd need 90 minutes for complete decarb. 11 hours in the crockpot probably killed off a significant fraction of the thc. My strong opinion is that crockpots are hazardous to the health of your herb.

6. It was probably around 40-50 minutes, the trim i decarbed was fresh/wet. After it was nice green/brown hue, crumbled to dust/crispy as fuck.
    80G trim turned to 19G Decarbed.
    I then added butter and water to my crockpot, heated it to low, and put in the 19G decarbed herb. Stirred every so often for 11 hours.
    People leave it in anywhere from 1-24 lol. 12 hours people say make it more potent butter.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm hoping to try this.......

• Like Like x 2