3gal vs 5

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Patricia Clemons, Dec 3, 2018.

1. I think that's a common misconception about the gallon sizes - my 3 gallon-potted photoperiod banana kush and fruity pebbles put out this last night. They had a 3 week veg after mainlining.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My last grow was soil and in 7 gallon pots and yielded 16.5 oz - i suspect I will reach a similar number in these much smaller pots. Which means less money because it's less nutes overall.

That being said man, I think if you're going with a 7 gallon make sure you veg long enough to take advantage of it :) :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Wow nice plants, out of a 3gal too! This is my first grow so i may just top a couple weeks in and see what happens from there

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. #23 Patricia Clemons, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Jesus, amazon has pots for half the price of what i was looking at. Thanks for the intel! May have to buy two packs tho as their numbers are odd... two packs will be same price anyway

Edit- 8 pack 5 gallon 12 bucks. growtent garden fabric pots, so many bad reviews tho

Weird how after looking at a half dozen brands, reviews are filled with people getting sized pots that are less than what is advertised
    Of course a pot that lasts 2 grows vs one that lasts 10, im a newb

4. 3 gal soil? That's an impressive grow.

5. Grow Bags

Wonder bout these, so many amazon reviews of people not getting sized advertised, these may b good, an extra dollar/pot but could be worth it for most surely

6. He's in coco

7. I pulled 5 ounces from a 4 week veg from clone in 3.5 quarts of Perlite. Fed three times a day from mid flower

87251133-2D10-4BCA-978A-2F7C406A2DCD.jpeg

Don’t know what I’ll pull this run. I have 9 plants in 7 gallons of homemade supersoil with Maia Grow Flowering nutes

BD6B4DBC-399C-4C8E-85D2-E00449894392.jpeg C35E2A4D-45FE-48A9-B467-33636F567A60.jpeg

I even pack my room with one gallons sometimes and get 3oz average

226F3D0A-FDBE-4249-881D-F03967496198.jpeg

Bottom line is soil needs bigger pots and soilless benefits from smaller as long as you can multifeed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. I gotta say i love my 7 and 5 gallon pots but im strictly RDWC,

• Like Like x 1