3ft Acrylic Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by jt233, Jan 22, 2012.

1. So I know that glass is better when it come to bongs and actually have a glass bong that's about a foot long from the base of the shaft to the top and use it as my main method of smoking. I was looking in the grasscity shop a 3ft acrylic bong for like 40 bucks. I basically want a nice tall bong so that I can get those huge rips but don't have the financial means to shell out 200 bucks for a tall glass one and prob wont have that kind of money anytime soon so saving up is not really an option. So whats your opinion on this. I wiill use the glass bong most of the time for the smoother hits but would like to use the big one every now and then.

2. I'd save the money, especially if you're going to be ripping the 1ft glass one more of the time.

Huge rips =/= you getting higher. It might get you temporarily more fucked up but you can get the same result from multiple rips out of the bong you have.

Wait till you have the $ to shell out for a larger glass bong, or use it for something else.

3. #3 kliff2004, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
    acrylic is a gimmic

you want a super tall bong so little kids will give you props?

ok.........buy it, then you will be the coolest guy in the dorm.

i dont know whom your trying to seem cool to by buying this, but by all means do it.

As for me?

I um........just pack my bowl a second time and smoke out of my glass piece. gosh, maybe Ill even pack a third bowl if I need to.

Have fun with your 3 footer.

I walk into my LHS and see their 3 foot extension acrily attachments. And I enjoy remembering my childhood when I thought buying those pieces of shit was worth it.

But I grew up ::shrugs:: so I dont like those silly things anymore.

4. Get the acrylic bong as long as its getting u stoned then its all good :)

5. #5 PackersFTW, Jan 22, 2012
    I don't like the hoses on it, nor how it looks. I'd look elsewhere, but yes you should go acrylic if you want 3 feet. No shame in that. It's hard because at 3 feet it makes sense, but at 2 feet you'd be a fool.

6. Another thing is that acrylic bongs are notoriously hard to clean.

7. if you actually smoke regularly, that thing will smell real bad real quick

and then it won't come clean

cause you get what you pay for

which is crap

8. I'm not trying to look cool for anyone so I don't know where you got that idea :confused: I just want a tall one for the novelty of it and is the main reason why I don't need to spend 200 bucks, but don't want to buy something that's gonna be really crappy or be way to harsh. I don't need super smooth hits just as long as I'm not coughing my lungs outs.

9. exactly.

acrylic technically isnt a strong enough plastic to withstand cleaning.

it really is like a condom. you just buy it once for fun and then throw it out.

if you try to reuse it, thats your choice. Hopefully its an educated choice.

10. Yeah I won't use it that much so I don't think it will be a prob trying to keep it clean mainly I will just use it when I feel like mixing things up. Thanks for the responses

11. #11 kliff2004, Jan 22, 2012
    Im just speaking from personal experiences, that's all.

When I was in college, Alot of kids would buy these crazy, stupid tall acrylic bongs for dorm credit.

smoking out of acrylic is something I dreamed of when I was younger, then I grew out of it.

Black Leaf - Triple 8-arm Perc Beaker Base Glass Ice Bong - 76cm - Bongs & Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

I just prefer crazy glass instead of plastic.

12. [quote name='"kliff2004"']acrylic is a gimmic

you want a super tall bong so little kids will give you props?

ok.........buy it, then you will be the coolest guy in the dorm.

i dont know whom your trying to seem cool to by buying this, but by all means do it.

As for me?

I um........just pack my bowl a second time and smoke out of my glass piece. gosh, maybe Ill even pack a third bowl if I need to.

Have fun with your 3 footer.

I walk into my LHS and see their 3 foot extension acrily attachments. And I enjoy remembering my childhood when I thought buying those pieces of shit was worth it.

But I grew up ::shrugs:: so I dont like those silly things anymore.[/quote]

you're a dick. lol

13. I don't think you understand. Resin-y buildup sticks to acrylic like fucking superglue.

You won't be able to clean it properly at all. I don't mean you won't be able to clean it regularly—you won't be able to period. Iso and acrylic don't mix, and you end up with grungy awfulness on the sides of the bong at the end of your attempted cleaning.

Seems like you're really set on getting this, but it's really not the best purchase.

14. an internet dick

15. #15 jt233, Jan 22, 2012
    I hear you lol and I understand what your saying about it not being able to be cleaned at all. I'm not 100% set on getting it an appreciate the Info :) since I hadn't thought of that.

16. #16 jt233, Jan 22, 2012
    I understand what you mean and It's all good. I would love a a nice tall glass bong but then I would always worry about breaking it and such, and yeah I'm not doing it to show off just to have fun. Then when I become financially stable then I can think about buying a glass one and if it were to break would have the money to fix it or get a new one/

17. If you do get that acrylic bong, try soaking it in Oxyclean overnight to clean it. It should clean it right up. Use the free and clear stuff.

18. I personally like glass better. I have my own acrylic bong that I got it as something for when I have people I don't know as well over, or a lot of people, as if it ever happens. But for the most part I use glass. Go for it though! A 3-ft bong would be interesting to have around.

19. My first bong was acrylic. Had some good times with it...

But damn it was difficult to clean.