3D Printing Video. A Must see.

Discussion in 'General' started by Danceswithjuub, Jun 6, 2012.

1. i would print me a bong

2. They should've shown it copying a piece of food or something

3. "Just reach into the powder and pull your wrench out"

Shiiiiiiiiiit :eek:

Fuuuuuutuuuuuure.

Even if this doesn't prove to be revolutionary, I'm sure it will lead to things that will be!

4. There are a couple 3D printers available to engineering students here at CU. I have never used one but people make things in them all the time. I messed around with a wrench just like that one that someone had made.

It is really cool and I can't wait until they are in homes. Fuck Legos when this goes mainstream. You could literally download objects online.

5. I would like to download some upgrades for my grow.

6. Most important comment on this thread. Deserves everyone's like. Pure brilliance man. :hello:

7. I think you are missing the point....

:confused:

It is made of composite material.

You ever snack on a hamburger made of composites?

Probably doesn't taste that good. :confused_2:

This 3d Printer is used to make "Functional Objects/Tools" ---not food.

8. So its come down to this....

Also to the dude who suggested printing a 3d printer. Its now how I plan on starting my 3d printer business :cool:

9. Alpha male as fuck

10. I wish these companies would fuck off with the 3D shit.

3D fucking everything.

11. But duuuude. It's like your actually in real life.

12. Give 3D a chance. It is the newest up and coming entertainment technology.

Watch it. Shit is truly mind bending sometimes.

other times it is utter shit, but sometimes it is very impressive ;)

13. So what ideas ? Could it make a bong ? Probably not safe to smoke out of ....

14. It would probably be fine to smoke out of!

15. Yeah dude, just print it with a 14/18mm downstem and get a slide in there. Then you would just be heating up the glass. Imagine designing your own bong on a computer and just printing that shit. Wonder if that thing prints in clear.

16. You could get so fucking sick with the complexity of the percolators. I wonder how clear you can get 3D printed material. Your bong could be sick but you might not be able to see into it.

This type of disruptive technology poses interesting legal challenges. If you can now manufacture your own tools/objects easily from other people's work, why would you go and buy them from the original manufacturer?
    The manufacturing lobby is huge, and when this tech gets even cheaper, there's gonna be a clash.

17. I'm trying to get an idea what things will be worth it as it might be cheaper to just buy things instead of refilling them .

18. This is going to be the future of buying online. Click buy for an item you want, it prints from your 3d printer at home, and you get your shit automatically.

19. [quote name='"Spark It29"']This is going to be the future of buying online. Click buy for an item you want, it prints from your 3d printer at home, and you get your shit automatically.[/quote]

Oh I hadn't even thought of that ^^^

20. Good point. I imagine it would be like downloading songs and shit. A form of piracy, but whats to stop you editing the computer model before you print it and wiping off the brand or something. It will be interesting to see where this goes, if it will make it any further then prototyping.