3d printed pipes/bongs is it possible?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Slick_Rick, Jan 27, 2014.

1. #1 Slick_Rick, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    So anyone ever hear about 3D printing? If not look it up quick that shit is nuts. But ya would it be possible for one, and has anyone ever heard of it used for this before?Edit: My bro made this thread and I think his word choice is funny so I'm keepin it

2. if you can print out an ar-15 lower receiver you can print out a bong

3. find a guy/business with a 3D printer and offer him/them money to make a piece. 

4. I'm assuming a bong with a metal/glass bowl would work. A pipe would not though, 3D printers use plastic, can't just apply a direct flame to it.

5. [quote name="MooseyPoo" post="19420337" timestamp="1390885933"]I'm assuming a bong with a metal/glass bowl would work. A pipe would not though, 3D printers use plastic, can't just apply a direct flame to it.[/quote]That's what I was thinkin. I wasn't sure what materials they used tho. But I could see a bong workin out fine.

6. They are making guns dude your a genius

7. #8 9xKitsun3, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    No, it's not possible
    :rolleyes:
    The only thing a 3D printer can do is collect dust

8. In the future, you will be able to 3d print the dankest nugs ever.

9. thats a future i want to live in

10. Anything is possible. Though in this case the materials used in 3d printers may or may not be safe to smoke from

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Which my concern on the topic is ^

12. [quote name="Ragekai" post="19420650" timestamp="1390889539"]In the future, you will be able to 3d print the dankest nugs ever.[/quote]Replicators from Star Trek baby, replicators from Star motherfuckin TrekSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. im pretty sure it'd be possible to print a bong and use a standard metal stem...

14. yes you can print bongs and pipes, they can print using more than plastic you idiots, they can even print bread! buut no Bend-A-Bowl is a 3d printed bong company based in oregon and they use glass downstems. ive seen ceramic domeless nails 3d printed so im sure the only reason we dont have 3d printed glass bongs is cuz of the hard glass/soft glass issue, they can only print in soft things so it wouldnt be good quality glass. as for a pipe ive seen that done with the ceramic printer and it made a cool lil hand pipe but pipes suck so idk why youd want one

15. I'm picturing a form of activism in the future where there's a download for an ak47 to print out and someone hacks it to make a freshly loaded bowl instead. So all the folks who were gonna go out and kill someone can get high instead

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Ign did a video at CES where Marty and Chris ate a 3d printed pizza. It looked so disgusting I wouldn't dare put it in my mouth. Looked worse than a lunchable pizza.

All the printer is is a commercial version of what you would see in like a digiorno factory but scaled down.

17. It's compleatly possible but not worth the cost in my opinion. Shapeways 3D printing with ceramic if you really want to do it though.

18. I doubt there is a company that sells their bowls by 3d printing them.

You know 3d printing takes forever right? 

19. Idk. Is the material used in 3d printers safe to smoke from?

-yuri