Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

38, and want to - but have A LOT of questions.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by godofradio, May 3, 2009.

1. First of props to you for quitting drinking +rep.( i cant even quit coffee)

1. Look for local headshops in your area and maybe ask customers. Unfortunately your 38 with no connections..and that screams cop. Getting it is going to be your biggest problem.

2.Go to a gas station and buy a pack of zig-zag rolling papers. Read the stickies to learn how to roll. Or buy a pipe at the headshop we discussed in part 1.

3. Smoke pot instead of ambien. Sleeping pills prevent you from entering REM sleep Rapid eye movement sleep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Weed will make definately help you get a great nights sleep.

4.HIGHLY unlikely. Im a 19 year old university student who does not drink at all. How many of those do you know?

5.First time ask for a dime bag(slang makes you appear less sketchy). It'll cost you about $10 and should be about 1-1.5 grams.

Good luck dude and most importantly happy tokeing.

2. I can tell you first hand that you will not need ambien, lunesta, melatonin, or Tylenol PM if your smoking weed before you goto bed.

3. I am up early. Just thought I would smoke a few one hitter wonders and post a lil bit. What are you guys doing?

4. After 80 plus posts on this thread, I'm sure there is plenty of information on this. But what the hell,

1.Finding it can be tricky if you don't already know someone who does it. It depends on where you live, (I.E. It's WAY easier to find and acquire in California than it is in Oregon, and this is a cold hard fact that cannot be debated). Since you're older, asking stoner looking people on the street probably won't work for you, although you can try, (one thing you'll notice with most, but not all, people who smoke weed is that they are way too paranoid about the cops. If they have someone ask them about weed and they're older, then chances are they will bitch out and think you are a cop. It's retarded but that's the way it is). Bringing it up at work isn't really a good idea, unless you know for a fact that that person smokes.

2. It can be smoked any number of ways, by rolling it up (Joints are smaller, rolled with cigarette wrapping papers. Blunts are longer and are brown in color.), using a pipe (commonly referred to as a "piece". Pipes and bongs are the most common, which can be found in your local smoke shop. They are listed in the phone book), or by using a vaporizer (which supposedly gets you the most out of your weed, but a good one is $300+).

3.No idea, but I wouldn't think so.

4.No you will not have any urge to drink at all. If anything weed will make you happy that you don't drink, and you'll probably wonder why you didn't pick this up a long time ago.

5. It's always best to buy in bulk (but less than an ounce, which is a little over 28 grams. Penalties are much stiffer if you have over an ounce.). The amounts break down like this:

"dub" - which is 1.7g by the book. normally costs $20. $25 is an acceptable price as well. Dont pay anything more than that.

"eighth" - which is 3.4 grams. Standard price is $40. Depending on location, they could run you up to $60.

"quarter" - 7.1 grams. Standard price $80. Up to $100 is acceptable.

"half" - 14 grams. $160.

Ounce - 28.(i forget exactly). $280. higher quality weed will warrant higher prices but trust your gut, if it seems to high priced, then it usually is.

This should help, and this will be a decision you won't regret.

5. Dr drew is just that, a doctor. He will go against marijuana every time regardless of what it does for you. Thats just how doctors are. As far as pot being addictive, the answer to that is FUCK NO. It is not addictive at all. Just plain and simple it isn't. Cigarettes, on the other hand, are a motherfucker to quit. Cigarettes are addictive, weed is not.

6. I have anxiety too and I can tell you that smoking weed really helps ease it a little. I highly doubt it will make you wanna drink again so you should be good.

7. Agreed. Have you thought about growing?

8. No, I've never considered growing it. Seems like a SHIT load of trouble.

As far as finding it, its become a problem. My friend's contact has been unable to land us the weed. I just finished my little stash today, so I am on the prowl.

I've been toking for about a week, and I haven't once wanted to drink. I got high as HELL this morning. I find that its effects are better when there's no one around and I can just enjoy it in peace. That way there's no paranoia and I can just relax. This morning was nice. It made me sleepy as HELL! Does it make you guys sleepy everytime? I went straight to bed.

I am still on the Ambien. After smoking a few hits, taking the Ambien . . . it is the best sleep I've ever gotten. Its insane.

9. It does make me tired every time, certain people don't experience this anymore as they gain a higher tolerance but some people are more prone to it. In my experience I get high, it fades into being tired (or "burnt out"), and after a few hours of being burnt out, you're good as new.

Also, there are two different types of weed: Indica, which makes you ultra tired and gives you "couchlock" (i.e., makes you feel "stuck" to the couch), and Sativa which is more likely to give you a more energetic high. Maybe you were smoking something Indica-dominant.

You shouldn't have taken the Ambien, you probably wouldn't have needed it. Next time you want to sleep after smoking, skip the pills and let us know how it goes :)

10. As pretty much everyone has answered your other questions, I'll just answer the one about drinking.

Smoking weed may make you want to smoke because you're recovering, but it won't make you like need it. You won't be like "Holy shit! I need to drink! NOW!" Or anything, lol. Just smoke once and find out if you feel you need to drink.

11. Ha, just read all your posts, so you've already obviously tried it and not wanted to drink. I'd suggest to try weaning off the ambien though and smoke more to sleep. ;)

12. fo shooo

13. #94 pussy--weed, May 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
    go around parks and bars and casual ask ppl if they can get u some "smoke"is the best i can say
    get a lil pipe from a gas station cuz uu prolly cant roll a blunt(im guessin..)
    and forget that ambien cuz ur not gonna need it haa just smoke be4 sleep. i sleep like a fuckin rock
    dependin on ur location u got decent regs at 20 a 1/8,50 for 1/2 etc. (im in CT)and then u got ur dank which cud be 40-60 an 1/8 60 is the highest ill pay for a 1/8 of dank i dont care wut it is and dont worry bout drinkin just get high when ever u feel like drinkin

14. Finding pot when you are just beginning is always a pain in the ass. Just be persistent. You will find there is a fuckload of dumbasses and dipshits that are involved with selling pot. Just try to find as many different people as you can, and eventually you will find a good (meaning reliable, and almost always has some to sell when you call. also good quality and good prices) "connect" (not to be insulting but thats slang for the weed man). It will be worth it, it took me forever to find a good connect where I'm at, but I can't ask for anything better than what I'm getting.

15. i use weed a substituion for alcohol sometimes i mean i still drink but i like smoking a lot more shit always gets broken when im drunk or i get hurt

16. Dude give us an update, I'd love to know if you've started growing some, if you've gotten yourself a nice bong, is your supplier a nice guy/gal?

Most important; How is the anxeity?

17. Just drop the ambien. I guarantee you weed will be a much healthier, preferable alternative. Weed should not make you want to drink again, but I have no experience, so don't take my word for it. To find weed, you just have to find people who smoke and build connections. It takes a while, but it won't be a big deal once you can find one or two reliable dealers. After that, it's just making friends and sometimes those friends have benefits, heh.

18. You said you're friend smokes? Theres you're start, ask him if he can hook it up, he probably will.

Get just a little dry pipe or something, its not that important. I'd say smoke like a hit, wait 15-20, if you don't feel anything, wait it out. Some people dont get high there first time (If it is you're first). Then smoke again the next day I would say.

19. I gave up drinking a few months ago and now only smoke weed. It's not hard at all because I remember all of the negative effects alcohol had on me. Plus, weed is just amazing.