Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

38, and want to - but have A LOT of questions.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by godofradio, May 3, 2009.

1. :hello:

No more Ambien for you! :D

2. Alcohol rocks why would you want to quit haha.

3. You're really going to ask a recovering alcoholic this? Wow. :rolleyes:

4. Well what you can do to both get a peice and find some weed is go to a headshop. Ask one of the people there, hopefully a customer or employee ask them what they suggest for a new smoker as far as a peice and some tree. The only downside is these people might think your like a cop or something. Be chill and you'll certainly find some bud.

5. don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but i've heard that paxil causes a significantly increased effect from thc. Basically, you get a lot more stoned than normal. I'd recommend going to a headshop and buying a small glass pipe for starters. Growing is a great way to get your own 'meds' too, it's sort of hard to find a connect if you don't know anyone. What about your friend who smokes?

6. He already found weed and bought a onehitter, you silly people.

7. I appreciate all the PMs!

Someone suggested that I was smoking too much, and I took it down a few notches and it was much better. I don't know about paxil increasing the high. I'd never heard that before.

I just smoke about three hits and I'm way good. I guess I'm a light weight, but I guess whatever works for ya though, huh?

What's up with you guys today?

I can't believe how cool all of you have been!! This is truly the coolest group of people I've ever seen on a forum!

Thanks!:wave:

8. didnt read the rest of the thread, excuse my laziness. but in my opinion, smoking pot would lessen the urge to drink and work as a great substitute. i am far younger than you are, but am somewhat of a recovering teenage alchoholic. i had chronic drinking problems for about two years after i emerged from an alchohol induced coma, and went to many a therapy session and court ordered breathalizer. now that i smoke a bunch of weed, i dont drink. so dont worry about that. and it will help you sleep :D

9. #69 DutchX8, May 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009

Let me know if you need any more help.

10. I'm late to the game but I'll share some views anyway.

Ambien = the devil. I would avoid it at all costs, there are so many stories of people doing crazy things on it. My grandfather ended up sleepwalking and falling down the stairs because of it, he almost died, probably would have if I wasn't there and heard the thud of his head hitting the basement floor. Read one from a guy who drove on it, he woke in the back of a cop car and had no idea what happened, luckily he didn't hit anyone and witnesses said he was only doing 5mph.

As for taking up smoking with a former addiction I would be careful. Marijuana is not physiclly addictive, but you probably have an "addictive personallity" so I would keep on eye on the useage, and maybe even self invoke a mandatory break, either 1 week a month no smoking or 1 day a week where you don't smoke, just so you can notice easily if it has some sort of control over you.

Alcohol problems run in my family, and I had a problem for a little while where I needed to drink every night or I would feel like shit. I was able to get myself to stop before it became a big problem though.

After having surgery I started becoming addicted to pain killers, which is when I started using marijuana, as a way to get high and feel relief without the pills. Ever since then I have been in love with it. After about 6 months of regular use I stopped for a couple months cold turkey while job hunting, no issues aside from once in a while thinking about it. Now I'm back on the wagon, enjoing all the benefits, and trying to find the downside these anti-pot people insist are there.

It's a damn shame doctors won't honestly talk about marijuana, because it would be nice to have some kind of real honest answer about marijuana use after a history of substance abuse,

Good luck to you.

11. My mom's friend gets up in the middle of the night and makes food for her family even though they're all sleeping.

I'm surprised that Ambien is still around, it's definitely dangerous.

EDIT: Although, my mom take Ambien too and has never slept walk.
    EDIT 2: ...sleep walked? Slept walked? Sleepdedwalkded?...

12. #72 tonymon1, May 9, 2009
    Or it's never been noticed that she...lets go with...walked in her sleep. Maybe she has just never done anything that got noticed.

Some of the stories I read said people would be sleepwalking and seem normal even have conversations with people then go back to bed and wake up not remembering any of it.

13. It's possible but I live in apartment and everyone can hear everything. She's insomniac to the point where sometimes the Ambien doesn't help so gets up to get water and stuff often, but that's about it.

14. Sounds like she needs some bud :smoke: (sorry not trying to lighten the situation, but bud has cured stuff like that)

15. #75 DoctorofRock, May 9, 2009

If Dr. Drew said it....

[​IMG]

Can you argue with that face??

16. 1. well you have to be able to know a stoner when you see one... and it takes one to know one.. so that advice is useless. just ask people you trust (i mean don't ask a coworker that would get you in trouble or something)

2. find a head shop or a smoke shop and buy a pipe, is my suggestion. talk to the people that work there to learn how to use it properly, etc...

3. don't know the answer to the ambien thing... google it, or maybe somebody else gave you an answer to this question already?

4. personally i don't like mixing alcohol and marijuana, it makes you feel shitty and i especially don't recommend it for a beginner... but i don't know you so I don't know the roots/causes of your drinking, etc..

5. the price of marijuana depends on where you live. I usually get a dub (1.8ish grams) for $20-25 or an eighth (3.7ish grams) for $40-45 and I live in oregon... also, maybe you should find some pictures of some good bud so you can tell the difference between what's good and what's not.

17. If you're craving weed well thats ok, everyone craves stuff. I'm craving baskin robbins rihgt now, the only difference is you're craving weed. Don't worry any addiction is in your head.

18. Dont be turned off after the first time if its not great. At least 3 times. After the first time (everyone in the history of weed as far as i know) feels dumb for a couple days after their first couple time, its normal. After awhile you dont get it ( and no, its not because you get used to the dumb feeling)
    Go get high my friend.

19. Word. A lot of my friends say that they didn't even get high their first time (cause they probably weren't doing it right), but don't let THAT discourage you, either...
    The first marijuana high is usually nothing like any mj high after that, so you can't really base your judgement off the first few times.... in my opinion.

20. all im saying is just because dr drew said it, it does not mean that it is true. for everyone all addictions are hard to quit. perhaps dr drew was trying to hype it up to creat a scare maybe? i dont know. dont get me wrong dr drew seems to do a good job but dont go by something just because someone highly in the field says it