Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

38, and want to - but have A LOT of questions.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by godofradio, May 3, 2009.

1. You can't get physically addicted to weed, your body will not crave it. There are no chemicals in your body that are dependant on THC.

It is possible to crave it mentally though, but I would put that on the same level as an ice cream or chocolate craving (BTW, sugar is more addictive than weed.)

2. Dr. Drew isn't a pot head that smokes weed everyday like the members on this forum.

Judging by your maturity, you should be fine bro, a lot of people over exaggerate their first time smoking, which your first times smoking will be the best sessions you will ever have, cause it's going to be the highest you will EVER get. :smoking:

Oh and just so you know, weed mixes with everything, you can smoke that shit and take any other drug out there if you wanted to and be fine.

And you can most deff. kick your ambien habit with marijuana, pills always have horrible side effects.

3. Do you smoke to chill OUT or do you smoke to get happy? Or is it both?

4. I smoke to get high lol, basically to just chill out. I'm happy with or without weed.

5. This ^. That is my philosophy on why I smoke.

6. weed fills a different purpose for everyone. you may find that you smoke all the time, or just to feel good and chill sometimes. it's really up to you, but if you have an addictive personality you'll probably find yourself doing it a lot. however, unlike other substances, if you need to stop it's pretty easy to go cold turkey.

i suggest you smoke with your friend a few times if you can to see how you like it, then if you want to, go buy a cheap pipe or bubbler at your local head shop. don't buy metal if you decide to get a one-hitter, go for glass.

7. I meant to say - we're in a new city in Illinois. We've only been here about 4 months, so I don't have a big group of people to choose from. I live in Illinois. My friend, mentioned above, lives in Alabama.

8. I'd say go for a simple glass bong, it's just smoother and rolling is a mess. For me: my hands sweat, tremble, tabbaco goes everywhere.. that awefull paper taste.. I tend to get nausious easier when smoking homewrapped disasterpieces or worse I tasted pre-made joints. Horrible, be happy they're not an option - waste of time & money.

Obviously the biggest question is where do I get it (I have the same damn question because I'm leaving on a what looks like a sober holiday - the only drugs will be prescribed for my anxieties/panic attacks), if you have your own home you might consider why not try growing your own little plant? (if only I could, but I'm currently in a house that needs to be sold - so obviously I can't)

Anyway, you won't have anyone controlling the price, how much you buy or watching you. Growing for your own use could be interesting, maybe? Especially since you could pick a strain.. that being awesome..

Also,
    I've been told addictive personalities need to learn about patience, growing would be a real test.

ps. i-am-new-disclaimer

9. I say talk to your friend and see what you can get, don't bring it up at work, you can get fired if the wrong person hears it.

Shouldn't make you want to drink alcohol anymore, the high from marijuana is a much more "happy high" than alcohol, and might actually help you stay off of it.

Shouldn't mess with the sleep pills either, after you come down and are sobering up, you will feel really tired.

Expect to eat a lot, you might even gain a few pounds until you can control it.

***personal suggestion, but some will disagree***

I would say get a gram of mids, try that see what you think. After you get high the first time, stop with the mids.

Then I would get the strongest stuff your dealer has, and smoke up. You will more than likely think you are tripping out because of how intense it is going to be your first few times.

You could possibly freak out, but don't worry you won't hallucinate things. The craziest things I have noticed are things moving in the corner of your eyes, colors a lot more intense looking(green always tends to glow for me) hands feel like sticks, head feels like it is floating up, all body parts go numb fully, and out of body feeling.

expect to pay something around -

mids:
    gram - 5
    1/4 - 30
    1/2 - 55
    ounce - 100

(not going to post about the high-mids, or exotic)

no name dank:
    gram - 15
    1/4 - 90
    1/2 - 170
    ounce - 320

10. As said many times before me, dont ask at work. Do you have any teenagers that live around you? or early to mid 20's? That is most likely your best bet to get some bud.

11. Well I haven't read this post far enough to see your area but in Oregon, its verrrrry easy to find bud lol.

1) Ask your friend. OR goto a skate spot with stereotypical stoners and ask around (dont really recommend this cuz you ca get skimped)

2) It's not illegal to buy glass lol. Find a local headshop. Or ask your dealer when you find one, for a piece.

3) I personally would ditch that, but its upto you. Weed surely knocks me to sleep easily.

4) Probably not, you'll wanna smoke again! lol.

5) For starting out easy, I would say an 8th a week.

For Prices.. These are the most common:
    $20= 1.5-2 grams
    $35-60= 8th. (3.5 grams)
    $75-100= Quarter (7 grams)
    $120-150= Half (14 grams)
    $250-350= Ounce (28 grams)

Also, check out this website. IT WILL REALLY HELP!
    WeBeHigh.com - Worldwide Marijuana Travel Guide With Marijuana Prices, Spots & Legalization Status

12. I scored.

I'm eating a li bit right now and am about to smokey.

I bought a one hitter for $6 near here.

This will be a 1st in a LONG time for me.

13. *) How would I find pot? I don't know if anyone at my work does it and it would certainly feel weird asking them. How do I go about finding it?

Answer: I can be very hard to find marijuana with out knowing someone who does it, I wish you best luck in this task.

*) When I DO get it, how should I smoke it and where should I go to buy something? Like a one hitter?

Answer: I would head to your local headshop(smoke shop) and buy a small bubbler water pipe or a water bong. Call them water pipes in the shop. They will run you anywhere from 15$+. Or you can just buy a cheap dry spoon pipe, but water pieces are very smooth hitting and are much easier to use.

*) HOw much should I get and how much is an acceptable price?

Answer: I would start off with one eighth(1/8th of one ounce) The general cost is 40$ but the price will vary depending on location and quality.

*) I take Ambien at night, would that fuck with the pot or vice versa?

Answer: You can replace ambien with pot, It helps most people sleep if you take a toke or 2 before bed. A natural sleep aid.

*) If I smoke it, will I want to drink again?
    The answer is no, pot is a completly different experiance than alchol (in a good way)

:smoking: Hope I helped!

14. #34 ScarTissue, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009

1) I cant really comment on this unfortunately, I've never had too much trouble finding hookups through friends, and people your age may be less open minded about drugs therefore making it harder for you to find someone.

2) It shouldn't interfere with it, it may even enhance the effects, but it is unlikely to cause a negative reaction, a simple Google search will answer this though.

EDIT: I did a search and found this: http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/220583-ambien-weed-good-mix.html , now although i wouldn't deliberately abuse ambien in relation to weed, it does show that it doesnt cause any negative effects

3) A marijuana high is a lot different to alcohol, It chemically should have nothing in it to trigger addiction within you again.

4) Id recommend getting a gram for your first time, this will give you 3 joints worth roughly (worth mentioning at this point that many people do not get high their first time)
    A gram costs me £10
    the next size up is an 1/8th of an ounce (3.5 grams) which is around £25

lots of friendly people here, so you should have no problem getting information from this thread

15. #35 Hilikus, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
    Some people are saying to ask teens where to get weed... just to let you know, some people might get a little sketched out if a 38-year-old asks them where to find weed, just because they'd probably assume it's an undercover or something like that. I think most people that I know (I'm 18, my friends' ages range from 16 to 22) would play dumb, just in case. You could try it, but I'm just saying don't be surprised if everyone says they don't know where to find weed.

That Ambian? You most likely won't need it if you smoke a little before going to sleep. The only drawback to weed that I can think of is how tired it makes you after the high wears off. Then again, this effects each person differently and I'm apparently more sensitive to this than alot of people, but you should try it in place of those sleeping meds.

You're lucky to live in Illinois, I believe that weed is cheaper there than here in NY. As for understanding the words people are using ("mids" etc.) as well as methods of smoking (pipes, bongs, vaporizers, etc) you should definitely check out all the stickied threads in the "Apprentice Tokers" section, especially this one. Very informative!

...I just read that you scored some weed, f'ing awesome! Let us know how it goes. You seem like a cool person, you should definitely stick around!

16. why dont you get it from your lifelong friend if he smokes.

17. Because the friend lives in Alabama but the OP just moved to Illinois.

18. Congrats on finding some bud GoR!

19. Definitely let us know how it turns out and how you like it.

20. I would say find someone that will smoke with you and that you can smoke with for awhile untill you know what to do and stuff. plus they could make sure you don't touch the alcohol. 1.7-1.8 grams usually goes for $20 here in oregon. if you want to buy a piece or papers or whatever it is you want go to a smoke shop, search smoke shop or tobacco shop and you can usually find one in your area(search google for smoke shops in _____) if you haven't smoked in awhile, put small amounts in at a time so you can see how much it takes to get you where you wanna be. Hope I helped, and good luck. have fun