36 hrs of darkness

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gdawg45, May 11, 2010.

1. Howdy, I have 4 2 mouth old plants in my closet, (I think two are males, which sucks) I am about to start flowering, there are a few tiny pre flowers, but they need to start flowering due to time constraints. I heard somewhere that I should leave my girls in darkness for 24 to 36 hours of darkness and then switch to 12/12. (their at 18/6 right now) Is this true?

2. Just go straight into 12/12. Some say a long period of darkness will make them flower quicker but I know of no evidence of this.
    Get those males out of there ASAP!

3. Ok thanks will do. This is my first time so I'm not one hundred percent sure if they are males or not. The two i think are males because of the height but it could be from stretching early on in the veg cycle. if i can find a camera I'll put up pics.

4. Well as soon as you're sure you know what to do, hack 'em down! You should know in a couple of weeks.

Good luck :cool:

5. Thanks for the help, I think I'm going to start 12/12 on Saturday. I'm excited.

6. after 1-2 weeks of 12/12 light you will see if they have flowers or pollen sacs. be sure to check on them every 12-24 hours as a new pollen sac can mature and burst within 24 hours.

7. Thanks I'll be sure to do that.