357 magnum or 500w 3w Blackstar?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by thesovereignone, Jan 17, 2012.

1. 3x3 grow tent should i go with just the 357 magnum or should i go with blackstar and some supplemental t5s

2. #2 FCFondler, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    [​IMG]
    actual draw: 300w vs 180w magnum vs 200-300w veg or flower specific blackstar? the latter 2 are clearly uneconomical

3. there is just absolutely zero evidence of growrite and its effectiveness

4. scary when you can hardly find anyting about them on google other than other people asking about them and another forum where people bash them and one posters come to their defense....company only 6 months offering 3 year bumper to bumper no proof warranties....says USA 3w chips made and another forum guy is saying not a factory for those specific ones he claims in the us...who knows what to believe

5. no actual harvest with it still no results

6. I have been looking into these as well as others ,my buddy just got a ufo( knockoff i believe) but when he plugged it in i was really surprised !it put out a lot of light just a weird form of it lol.his is a 75 watt 7 band so i will be watching it closely and since he got my beans it will be same grow as what i'm doing with hps. I too am looking to keep the heat down in my grow and the hps's are a pain in the ass to cool and heat degrades thc and we don't want that !!!!

7. If you read the growrite product descriptions, they say stuff in their sales pitch that's patently untrue regarding leds. Someone posted a complete breakdown here just recently if you search for it. It seems like led makers frequently badtalk the others so hard to know what to believe it's true -- but putting unreal stuff in your sales pitch speaks for itself. IMO stick to the stuff that people have used and put growlogs on. I didn't really see where the growrite one was even a better deal $$ wise than blackstar. Haven't decided yet myself but leaning blackstar at the moment purely for a most bang for the buck. 3 6-band 240w blackstars is going to give me 720w of LED for < $900 shipped with a drop ship replacement warranty if they end up being defective. That's pretty hard to beat. The other 600w 3-year warranty brand name light I was looking at was around $1400. I checked out the magnum the other day that sucker costs more than 3 blackstars!

8. I would search around for other places. Buying one direct from China will cost you a lot less, for the same thing.

9. I have had good results with blackstar leds. they are no hps. but works if you can direct the light right on the plants.

10. Nice i just got my first led in today 120 w quadband red.blue white an little orange for wut reason idk but im stoked . Ill be combinding it with my 600 watt mh/hps . Its my first grow and first try with an led and hps mix ha B-) but why not right . Red diesel.