32 days old from seed, should I flip to 12/12?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mayhemmaster668, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Trying some LST, would it hurt if I put lights back at 24/0 after them being under 12/12 for 6 days?

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

Not at all, you were forcing them into flower to begin with. Which means they're still vegging.

Symmetrical nodes = not mature, still vegging. Alternating nodes = mature, ready for 12/12.

3. Cool. Thanks alot! Looks like the top of one is starting to alternate, going to leave the lights on 24/7 till all of them are.

4. You don't really have to worry that much about breaking the stem if you take your time. Make a loose string loop and place it about 1/3 of the way down from the top of the plant; don't constrict the plant stem. Bend it a few inches the first day, then a bit more each subsequent day until you have formed a gentle right angle from the bottom to the top of the plant. Experiment with the string placement; after a few days you may want to lower it. The trick is to be patient and bend it over several days. The overall objective is to get as much of the trunk as you can in a horizontal position. Then all the "side" branches start growing vertically and become top buds. It REALLY helps your yield.
    What if you go apeshit crazy, swing from the plant, and it breaks? No big deal... really. All you need to do is find a sterile stick (popsicle sticks work great, just swab it in alcohol first) and some gauze. I really like gauze tape as it sticks to itself. Place the stick so it is centered at the break, extending on both sides, and wrap the gauze tape around the lower trunk, over the stick, and off onto the trunk on the other side. The plant may wilt for a few days, but it will heal itself almost guaranteed within a couple of weeks. Then remove the gauze and splint.
    Breaking may give you a bit of a surprise - look up super cropping - this is where peep's intentionally break the plant at a node (usually lightly crush it between thumb and forefinger). The top will wilt, but again, after a week or two, you can see an explosion of new branches around the node you super cropped. Lots of growers like to use this technique instead of topping; it can generate very good results.

Try the LST now - don't be afraid. With CFL's you want as even of a canopy as possible so you can keep the lights as close as possible. Helps the quantity and quality of your buds.

You mentioned smell... whoooo, Boy, they CAN stink. IMHO, this is the one area you DO NOT want to scrimp. Without a good odor control system, a couple of plants can easily stink up your entire living area. Air purifiers usually don't have the ass to control it either (but give it a try).
    One option, if you closet has an attic above, is to put an exhausty fan through the ceiling of the closet & try to exhaust the air into the attic (NOT recommended for apratments or condo's that may share an attic area. The only surefire method I've found is a good carbon filter. Buy the best you can afford. You can exhaust the air through the filter into your living area, or into the attic, or just let the air recirculate to "scrub" the odors out of the air.
    There are a couple of good DIY tutorials on how to build a carbon filter economically. If you must contain costs, try that. But as soon as you can afford it, invest in a good carbon filter. You'll be glad you did.
    Filter first, lights second, everything else third. It's that important :)
    Next time look for some low odor strains like Northern Lights. That helps a lot as well. But once you get a good filtration system set up, you can grow skunk or whatever without too much worries.

5. Awesome. Was actually looking at a northern lights autoflower earlier today. Think that's the way i'm going to go. Thanks for all the advice! What is that gel i've been reading about? Where would i find some?

6. Think they look much happier in this position. Going to keep tying them down as they go, then when I flip to flower, just let em ride.

Attached Files:

7. Running on about 850 watts of cfl's now..

8. I usually like a little branch starting at each alternating node, it fills up otherwise empty space nicely with a fat nug :metal:  

9. Totally looking forward to fat nugs.

10. Yeah, i've got 2 10.0 uvb lizard lights and one 55w 3800 lumen soft white hanging from above, and 2 26w daylights shooting from the sides (changing angles when they show me where they're needing it).. might've done my math wrong.. but i feel like with these, it should be ok for now, or no? Thnx for the help, everyone. Trying to find a cheap, energy efficient way to just get a decent little harvest with for my wife and I. Going to order a hanging rig next go round, but if this does the job fairly well, might just go with a good strain and do it this way.. they look happy so far. :)

11. If you want to try an autoflower, try World of Seeds' Northern Lights / Big Bud auto. Good yield for an auto, really sweet smoke too, very good "up" high. Attitude gave me a freebie awhile back, liked it enough to try another. It's one week after germination, getting ready to transplant it to my little 250W HID & ebb n' grow module this coming weekend.

OnaGel is one brand name, but can't speak to its effectiveness. Look for an ozone bulb as well, seems to work better than gels or liquid masking agents. I believe there's a DIY thread on her on how to make your own ozone generator very cheap. But really... save your money and get a carbon filter. Or tell Granny you need an operation... whatever it takes :)

12. New pot, new soil, more lights.

Attached Files:

13. Got pistils! 12/12 here we come.

Attached Files:

14. glad you decided to wait a bit longer before switching to flower..

15. Lol yeah.. just transplanted sun, so gonna give em til sun to get used to their new container..

16. Actually flipped at 8pm est. Only 8 weeks to go... lol

17. Day 50, day 2 of 12/12

Attached Files:

18. 2 months old tomorrow. Day 9 of 12/12

Attached Files:

19. Crazy pistils at top, hopefully taking off like fire soon.

Attached Files: