Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by tbone963, Mar 10, 2010.

1. i can't believe i haven't seen a thread on this amazing band. does anyone here listen to them? tomorrow is 311 Day. anyone going to the show or have any plans?

2. I hear them occasionally on the radio. i had no idea it was 311 day though. makes sence anyways.

3. DAME man I was about to go of on you cause i got confused with 311 and 3oh3 don't know why.

Anyways I looked them up its nice man. Nice and chill reggae/rock mix going on.

4. I'm a fairly big fan of 311...haven't listened to them a lot recently though. I suppose i will make a point of doing it tomorrow on their "day" lol.

5. im a superfan of 311. soooo bummed i couldnt go to 311 day but i mean its all the way across the country so itd be like 600 total and i love 311 but i just dont have that

music is such a good album

6. love 311. Seen them 4 times. Got my 311 on shirt for the holidays..

[​IMG]

Getting fucked up all night :wave:

7. i remember that band... not big on them though.

8. 311 is pretty "old" which is why you may not see some MEGATHREAD about this band...

and don't you dare compare this fucking band to Janis or Bob or the Doors or whatever.

311 is a pop band that profited off of stoners. If you like 311 then good for you but don't act like they are a band that should still be relevant in 2010.. lmao they are about as relevant as Destiny's Child

9. 311 is anything but pop. of course they've had their radio hits but what band hasn't? they're a mix of so many genres its hard to classify them

yes they've been around for about 20 years so yeah they're pretty old. and of course i wouldn't compare them to Bob or Jimi or anyone else like that but i would never compare them to Destiny's Child lol thats such an insult

yeah i guess i wouldn't call them "relevant" but they're still making albums and going on tour so people do still listen to them. if they're not your thing then so be it.

10. Pop..what...P-Nut is an awesome bassist awesome enough that 311 is always relevant. The bands that are relevant in 2010 mostly suck anyway. I don't listen to much past like 2002, music's been going to shit lately.

11. 311 isnt relevant wtffff? dude i saw them last summer that were fucking dope. they released a new album last year....learn ur shit bra

12. that was quite a spark to set in a 311 thread.

13. 311 is the fucking shit. I still have yet to find another band that sounds like them.

And calling 311 pop is like calling Slayer country.