300w HPS/CFL Combo Closet Tent(Afghan Kush Ryder & Onyx)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by phyking, Jan 11, 2011.

1. #1 phyking, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
    The day has come. My seeds have arived in the mail and I am undergoin
    my new grow. I order a combination of 3 seeds and they give 2 for free.
    The s eeds I payed for are Automatic Blueberry by LowLife, White Dwarf
    by Buddha Seeds and Onyx by ShortStuff. I recieved 2 free seeds for a
    puchase higher than $20 and I spent $44, I got Afghan Kush Ryder by
    World of Seeds and normal Afghan Kush by World of Seeds. All seeds are
    feminised. I ordered from The Sinlge Seed Center and only took about
    2 weeks to arrive. Allthough the whole process was great, a seed did
    become cracked in the mail (the normal Afghan Kush). But I know this
    company to hold true to their garantee, and will email them about the
    catastrophy. I'll keep you up to date on this as well.
    :hello:

On with the specs, I am using a 1 3/4' x 1 3/4' x 2 1/2'
    endtable/cabinet kinda thing. This little piece of furnature came very
    handy, I took the face off the top droor and glued it on, painted the
    whole inside white and rigged up a nice multi position CFL light stand.
    Products I will use are CNS17 mix with Fox Farm Big Bloom and FFOF for my
    soil. My final bucket, the one I will eventually transplant into is perfect for
    this setup. It probably holds about 1.25 gals, good enough for autos that
    grow to 14". I have triple wrapped it with black duct tape and then an
    outer coat of mylar tape, to not deminish the shine. I also have a squirle
    cage fan for out take that is pushin a big 131 cfm. This should be plenty
    for my little grow box, and has allways sufficed in the past.

Well off to the races! I am germing Onyx for my first grow out of the
    bunch, as to it looked the dankest, haha. To start germanation i will be
    going with the cup of water method. I dipped the very tip of a normal
    spood handle into my bottle of superthrive and mixed it into the water ready
    for germ. I have had bad experiences before with rock wool, it had a diseas
    in the bunch called damping off, and killed my Jack Herer sprout. 15 bucks
    down the drain and my last seed... Well not this time! I am using a little dixy
    cup thing of Ocean forest rinsed well and brought to the right ph level. I will
    go 'O' Natural.

So thank you for tuning in and enjoy my autoflower MELTDOWN!

2. Wheres all my GC support?

3. I will be growing 3 auto's soon myself using cfl's... are you just growing one plant at a time?

4. I noticed from the picture you have purchased 2 CFL's @ 2700k I would highly recomend getting a couple @ 6500k

Been wanting to try out white dwarf will keep my eye open :D

5. Well I will just be doin one for another month to two, then I will germ and sprout another in anticipation for my onyx to finish. That way I will have a harvest basically every month to monthand a hlaf.

Yeah I have some those are just going to be my main lighting I guesse. I have 2 more 26w 6500k CFL's that will be blended into the mix. I've heard people say that putting in some 2700k lighting will emphasize on its flowering qualities. Thats also why I am going to use 18/6 or 19/5 (havn't decided) rather than my norm, 24/0 for my lighting. Plus the fact that with 24/0 the plant wont grow too much hieth wise.

And yea I think I may do the White Dwarf next, either that or the free Afghan Kush Ryder.

6. Little update, seed just fell to the bottom of the cup. I keep thinking I should put it in now as to I've heard seeds drowning after they crack... So I'm kinda thinking since it sunk, the water has penetraited the shell and is now activating the emryo growth, so thats why I kinda feel like I should plant it now.

You guys got any thoughts on this?

7. Hey looks cool, I have my Auto Blueberry under 24/4, I had read om one of the seed breeders sites that is what seemed to work best, we'll see.

8. Yea I don't doubt that it will work. During the dark period, is when the plant streches seeking for light, 24/0 makes the plant not stretch as much. So I think I am going to go with 19/5, it will grow a little taller and able to produce more buds in the long run.

And its official! I just planted the little girl in fresh ffof, watered with a thirty percent runoff of 6.2 ish ph water. I stuck with my plan and decided to not let it fully crack. I know the amount of time it takes for a seed to crack and it was just about to. So I just popped her in! I'll supply a pic in a little.
    :smoke:

9. i grew the mi5 sister plant of onyx under a 600w hps. got an oz per plant not bad considering its an auto!! peace

10. Really. That Mi5 looked so gooooood. I checked out a few forums where some people grew it and it turned out real good, and they said it was on the easier side. My friend is gonna throw down on a 250w hps/ballast/hood with me, so I can't wait to get that guy up and runnin! We're going to make a new bigger cab, probably out of something that looks domestic, like a dresser. With that done then we would keep my box the way it is and use it as a clone room. I figured that I could veg in there for about a month with two plants, then take two or three cuttings(incase one dies or some unforseen catastrophy) and transfer the two older ones into my new dresser/box. Just follow that cycle and I got a small perpetual grow goin!

11. onyx is an autoflower my friend. IT will flower by its self. No veg time. mine started flowering on a 20/4 lighting on a 600watt hps at 3-4 weeks old!! about 12 weeks start to finish. If you look at my signiture you will see the MI5 grow. Check out the home made cab i made worked a treat!!

peace

12. No shit its an auto, I should have been more clear I guesse. In the future I will be using some regular seeds, not auto and thats what my plan will be once it's all said and done.

13. lol my bad.

14. Np, but yeah man I've been reading your Mi5 grow and that looks great! In the end I am homing to pretty much duplicate yours. haha Except I'm going to use a 250 watt hps because I will only have two plants at a time. But did you get that Short Stuff package? I want to try out all their autos cause I've heard such good things about them. Not only quality but overall easyness and nute friendly.

Oh and to the rest of GC should I put a light over the seed right now, it's still under soil. Maybe it will warm her up a bit. AND I have bestoed her the name Misty! Because I was a fan of Pokemon when I was little, and thought Misty was hot, and I hope to have some misty buds:D

15. LMFAO i used to watch pokemon. i used to think jessy was hot haha n misty's a good name lol you can put a light over her but you might find out you have the same problem i had this morning. the light drys the soil fast. Infact im worried that it dried mine out too much to the point they seeds mihgt not sprout. Luckily i got 6 more germinating..

The MI5 was ok to grow. Its a very potent plant smelt nice but wasnt kean on feeds. i had to feed it once a week if not longer..

peace

16. Haha yea I know it was drying mine out too so i took it out. I'm getting really nervous though. I started germ Monday night, the 10th, and planted like two days ago. How long does your guys' sprout? I've never really payed atention.

17. After gemination, id say anwhere between 3-8 days usualy. Could be longer through!!!..

peace

18. Yep... And last night I let the anticipation get the better of me. I felt like it was taking too long and I started germing Afghan Kush Ryder and a Master kush seed... and lonebehold I wake up this morning and see the Onyx starting to come up. Now i have to redo my cab into something bigger... Well I'll keep ya posted on upcomming events

19. Are you using a single 125w tube?

20. #20 phyking, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
    1/16/11
    Ok, its been 6 days since I started germinating and I awoke this morning
    to find my soil had birthed a sprout. Onyx is up and running! I was a little iffy
    on putting lights on it because she seemed to be very little and still had the
    seed attached, so I kinda figured she might have been a little early and light
    might hurt it or sumthin. So when I went out today I left her in a nice warm
    dark place so she could rise a little easily from her slumber. 'No Pressure' I
    asured her, but as all of GC knows, 'A Lot of pressure' Haha.
    Now I could use some advice on this. Think I should put her back in the dark?
    She stood much straighter when I left her out, mybe just her natural growth?
    I don't know, the seed shell fell off but I feel like she could use some more
    dark? hmmm

1/17/11
    And a little bit of more news for your ears. The Afghan Kush Ryder and
    Master Kush have both showed their tails. I Quickly gathered two more red
    cups and popped thoser babys in there. Now some problems I've had since
    yesterday morning were the sprout drying out. I read your Mi5(Onyx's sister)
    and saw it was very sensitive to light/dry air. So if you're using one of these
    short stuff seeds I would deffinatly use some sort of humidity dome. I've never
    really had to use one untill now. Many times yesterday I found the girl dryed
    out a bit and a little less up.

On another note, last night I was out with my friends, in search of a bigger
    cab so I can fit all of the girls in there. Hours upon hours of shopping and we
    came up empty handed un till at the end of the night we decided to make a final
    trip to good will. As we arrived we heard over the announcements that the store
    was closing in 20 mins and the 50% off sale would end tonight. Well we looked
    at their limmited supply and found nothing, but when we were about to leave we
    spotted a 5'x5'x3' tent, bones and all! Not only that but it was only $7!!

I know the pics are bad. Had to use my web cam today.And she's bent over just a little because I placed her on the side of the light this morning on accident. ha

Attached Files: