3000k & 3500k full run?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sickomindo, Aug 15, 2017.

1. So the six cobs I have totaling 300 W those are 3500K
    From what I'm being told that should be enough to run five plants in a 4 x 4 tent through veg but then I just bought quantum boards 260 W to combine.

I'm assuming what I should do is run the cobs for veg then when flipping a flower turn on the 260 W 3000K QB board.

Does this sound OK on the kelvin spectrum? too late now but if I run it that way is there anything I should watch out for? Or would you run it differently considering what I already have now?

The 260 W quantum board I bought yesterday is only being offered at 3000 Kelvin I would've gotten another 3500 Kelvin if they sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. That's how I would do it. You can probably dim those lights a bit if you wanted too. 200w ish should be good for veg but more certainly can't hurt!

3. The 6 Cobs i got are 300w at 3500k so that should be ok for a 4x4 for Veg then when flowering turn on the other 260w QB at 3000k = 560w total.

4. Can you share links for the information that you found which says 6 COBS will provide enough light for a 4' x 4' space? How are you spacing them?

I cant find specifics on how much area 1 COB would cover. I'm designing a 4'x8'. Based on several of growmaus comments I'm under the impression that 1 COB every 10-12 inches should be best. So I was going to purchase 27 cxb3590s. I'd have 3 rails of 9 COBS starting 12 inches from the back wall & 10" from the left wall.

However if 6 cobs properly cover 4'x4' then I'm going to purchase way too many COBs.

5. 6 cobs will veg a 4x4 no problem then he is adding a quantum board setup in the middle of it all.

6. It's really going to depend on what wattage the cobs are ran at. It takes about 550-600 watts of high end led to fill a 4x4. Many purpose built 4x4 cob kits are more wattage then that. I'm going to be running 2 QB 260's in my 4x4 for a little under 600 watts. I'm currently running 770 watts in a 4x4 of led.

BTW they do sell the QB260 in 3500k. That the one that I have.

If you combine a 300 watt cob setup with a 270 watt QB fixture you should have plenty of light for a 4x4. I'm currently running a QB260 and a platinum p900 in my 4x4 flower tent. I'll be replacing the p900 when more QB260's come out. My next one will be a 3K so I can mix the 3500 and 3k together.

This is all for a bloom setup.

7. Vegging with leds takes very little power. That's how people have vegged fairly well for decades with CFL bulbs when they hardly put out any light. You can veg well with as little as 10 watts per square foot with led. I'm vegging with 11.125 watts per square of CLW 110 vegmasters. My veg tent outgrows itself even with that incredibly small level of light power.

I think vegging with even 300 watts in a 4x4 is a waste of power. You can veg a 4x4 with as little as 120 watts with the new QB120 veg boards. That's what I'm going to attempt to do. The output of two qb120 kits is about the same as 2 150watt hps lights.

8. Yes I have also heard that vegetation does not require as much light/photons. It sounds like you guys are implying that 6 COBs are not enough to flower buds. Is that right? Where are you getting this data?

9. Our brains..... 300w from 6 cobs is not enough for desirable results is a 4x4 tent.

10. Sounds like these guys are pretty well handled themselves. Yes they are all correct that requires a lot less power and six cobs I got it 300 W I didn't actually have a full run with them to experiment but I didn't want to take the chance so I picked up this 260 W quantum board that's just came in stock recently should be mailed Monday. Not that I will really need that until flowering anyway. I have to say this six cob was pretty damn bright I just didn't want to take a chance I didn't feel comfortable waiting three months to find out I have airy or fluffy bud.