Discussion in 'General' started by Rasta_Man, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/

Another wonderful film by Frank Miller.

I am really excited, even before I knew it was a Frank Miller movie.

I\'ve read about the battle of Thermopylae before, and it sounded absolutley astonishing.

This will be a fantastic movie if Sin City, and the preview on the website is any indication.

Check it out!

2. I\'ve seen this trailer and it looks so incredible.....

3. I think it looks absolutely fuckin amazing, but my friend said it only looked \"Decent, not worth a trip to the theatre.\" I was like fuck that, I\'m going to see it.

\"Our arrows will blot out the sun.\" \"Then we shall fight in the shade!\"

I love that line....in fact...sig..

4. I posted this trailer some time ago..movie looks crazy sweet though :D

5. If any of you are interested in reading a really good novel about the battle at Thermopylae check out Gates of Fire, one of my favorite novels cause it totally sucks you into the story.

6. lol I was reading that message and I was confused because at first I thought you said \"One of my favorite novels cause it totally sucks.\"

7. Thanks foir the recommendation, I\'ll check it out!

8. Oh and I just noticed that that trailer is totally not the one I\'ve seen before. Here (Click) is a much longer one.

9. Kind of depressing considering how readily we give up our own freedom to the western imperium with nary a provokation.

Annnnnnyways, that movies looks ridiculiously awesome.

I love Frank Miller... in a plutonic way.

10. Hm! I will definitely have to check it out. My whole greek family is going to see it, but I wouldn\'t see it with them. :D

Also, I am inspired, just now, to watch The Last Samurai. He makes a great reference to Thermopylae right before battle..

Umm.... Damn.

11. That movie sounds TERRIBLE.

Tom cruise as a samauri?

Are you fucking kidding me? Thats like Bob Barker playing the Terminator.

12. Kind of like dogs playing pool.

[​IMG]

13. When the hell is this movie coming out on DVD! I\'m easily putting it up there with my top 5 movies of all time. I fuckin\' LOOOOVE this movie. LOVE IT! I saw it twice in theatres.

I\'ve even had dreams of being drafted into the Spartan Army. (Which is impossible, since you have to be born into. Still cool though.)

14. Love that movie. My friend got me a bootleg copy and I watched it eveyday for a week. Once I saw the intro, I knew it was going to be badass
    Yeah its weird like Brad Pitt in \'The Mexican\' but its actually a good movie. Pretty accurate from what Ive seen. Id recommend it

15. Did you know that spartans were encouraged to have homosexual relationships with each other so that they would fight harder for each other during battle? Haha, just something to think about (not that there\'s anything wrong with that). ;)

16. Hey, if my buddy is going to take an arrow in the chest for me, I\'d take a cock in the ass for him. :cool:

17. But, yes, I know this is gonna be one of those movies that I\'m going to watch relentlessly on DVD, until my girlfriend cracks and breaks it in two.

This movie has everything. There were only about 2 chicks in the entire movie, and BOTH ended up naked. Nothing manlier than that. I walked out of that theater with a 3rd testicle thanks to \"300.\" :hello:

18. GrassCity needs to build an Army. Much like the Spartans.

I call Leonidas!

[​IMG]

19. I got dibs on being Qui-Gon!

[​IMG]

20. Fuck that shit, I wanna be the leader, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.