300 Watt Dual Spectrum Cfl

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Turbo123, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Hi
    Just finishing my first grow,great experience and the forums have been very helpful.I used a 300watt dual spectrum Cfl.I was chuffed to grow my own but slightly disappointed with my yield.I will want to increase my yield next year.Should i consider using the Cfl during flowering and switch to a HPS light for the flowering stage.

My closet is 22"x32"x60".I grew in a potting soil and vermicalite mix.Any advice will be welcomed,thanks.

2. I assume you mean CFL during veg and switch to HPS for flowering....yes, that would produce better bud if you are able to deal with the heat issues.
    Another choice that could produce better buds is T5 lighting as it penetrates better than CFL but you can still keep the light close because it's low heat. You can also play with some different bulbs and go for PAR lighting.

Do remember though that lighting is just one aspect - what's the quality of your water, what are you using for soil mix? Nutrients (if any)? If you like soil growing, you may want to take some time to look in the organic section of this site. I've learned a lot from the stickys there.

3. Hi,thanks for that I'll look into what you have recommended.