Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

30+ Grams of ABV

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by hellobob09, Apr 5, 2012.

1. I have a little over 30 grams of yellow-brown ABV, and was going to make a batch of cookies, but figured I'd come to GC for opinions first.

My primary concern is the cookie recipe will call for not enough oil to cover my heaping mass of plant matter, and I will end up with a large batch of low-potency oil that will translate into low-potency edibles.

Any thoughts, concerns, or suggestions are appreciated, blades. :smoke:

2. I'm very inexperienced in this area, hopefully someone else will shed some light on the matter.

But, my two cents say that you will have to go with the 'large batch of low-potency oil that will translate into low-potency edibles'. 30 grams is quite a lot of plant matter, so I'm not really sure what to do about that.

You may just end up having to eat 5 or 6 cookies per dose.

Best of luck man!

3. I have made brownies before with both methods using avb, both bring extracting thrOugh oil and straining out the plant matter, and by just dumping the plant matter in with the other ingredients, adding an extra egg. And just cooking longer on a lower heat and the second method was FAR more potent... There is a good YouTube vid on it by kads baker search for vapor brownies... I'm making a batch for 420 next week!

4. if the second option was more potent, you probably did something wrong when making the oil.

OP, if you really want all of it in one batch of brownies, you could always do a QWISO wash so you get all the resin out and use that to make your edibles. Otherwise you'll just have to get by eating a few brownies for one dose.

5. An excellent point about a Qwiso wash, if only I had seen your post before beginning my baking bonanza.

I ended up making a large tray of brownies after making two cups of Grapeseed cannaoil.

The brownies turned out mildly potent, with a 2" x 3" square extending my vape high by a few hours.

That dose wouldn't stone me, but it gives a nice mellow body buzz.

I followed BadKitty's oil recipe, and must say I was pleased with the results.

My buddy and I decided the Grapeseed oil and cannabis actually make the brownies taste better. :D

6. Not necessarily true... With avb, you don't have to worry about extracting into oil or doing a qwiso wash, the bud is already decarbed by vaping it so you can cook right in the brownie mix and one brownie gets you stoned, 2 puts me on my ass and I smoke daily... The method works well for avb, with regular bud it wouldn't work at all but decarbed avb is good to go

7. cant you just simmer it like canna-butter filter some plant mater out then add the rest?

8. I have seen different opinions on avb. I have heard from some that it is 1/3 of the potency of frresh green herb, then i have heard others say use 20% more avb than you would greens in your edibles. I personally just made a batch which had .5 green in the brownies and about .3 of avb. They turned out very potent using the cannaoil method. Also, vaped weed is partially decarbed so i put mine in the oven to decarb for about 5-7 minutes. I would suggest the extraction method with oil rather than putting it straight to the oven in the mix. Also i wouldnt want to be eating grinded up avb...;)

9. well the best idea would have been to make it into QWISO and then oil, but since you already made the stuff almost 2 weeks ago, how was it?

10. The brownies turned out mildly potent, with a 2" x 3" square extending my vape high by a few hours.

That dose wouldn't stone me, but it gives a nice mellow body buzz.

I followed BadKitty's oil recipe, and must say I was pleased with the results.

11. #11 E4u2H8J9, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
    Edit: Already answered.

12. This depends on your method. I am familiar with simmering in oil for approx 50 min, and I do not see how it would be a problem provided your saucepan could handle the bud...if its very finely ground even 30gs would fit into the amount of oil required by the recipe and the goal is just to bond the THC to it so if all of it is able to simmer in the pan at the same time you should have no problem.

13. #13 Carl Weathers, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    I've had a few cooking experiences with ABV. From what i've learned, you shouldn't ever underestimate its potency! You're sitting on a goldmine with 30g.

Invariably, my experiences with butter were superior to oil. I would always recommend doing a cannabutter run.

For example, 12g went into cannabutter for a chocolate cake, which I shared with 5 others. It successfully stoned us all. If you put 30 g into enough cannabutter to make a batch of brownies, and do it patiently, I guarantee that the brownies will be of high potency.

14. Why does your name have to be so goddamn cool?
    Through silver and blood is my shit.

15. Well, I'm almost back up to 30 g mark, looking at 22 right now.

When I get back up to 30 or so, I'm thinking I'm gonna make Qwiso out of it, and then put the hash in butter for brownies.

-Vapaholic Anonymous

16. hey you mind posting a how to when your done, would be much appreciated i am about to have enough ABV soon to make some edibles also and have been struggling to find the best way to go about it.

17. I feel for your struggle.

I will be more than happy to post a recipe with pictures when I make my next batch.

18. [quote name='"hellobob09"']
    I feel for your struggle.

I will be more than happy to post a recipe with pictures when I make my next batch.[/quote]

Thanks a ton man, I'm gonna Rep you as soon as I get to a real computer. Can't believe they left reping out of the phone app.

19. lol yeah you can say that again, i've been saving up since 4/10 or something and i only got about 3-5g's of AVB. You nearly got 4 times that amount!

On the other hand, i don't exclusively vape (some occasional smoking and edibles), but still, collecting nearly an oz in less than a month is really fast for my standards! Good thing your friends are helping you out :p

Let us know how making it with QWISO turns out.