30 gal container grow

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by xgeocidex1, Apr 27, 2017.

1. #1 xgeocidex1, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    I have three plants about 2 weeks old growing in a 30 gal container with a 12w led red/blue grow bulb. Do my plants look healthy or will i have to move them into a bigger box away from the light more. The one in the back was fimmed and the one in the front right was topped. There on 24 hour veg.

2. re-upload pics

3. moved them into a bigger box new pics coming shortly let me know if im doing anything wrong

4. Heres the new setup lower leaves are turning yellow and crisp not sure why but all new growth looks good.

Attached Files:

5. Hey bud, when you post pics try to do with normal lighting. As pretty and blinding (I feel like I want to goto the zapper!) as they are, makes it hard to see what happening.

Also, where is that 30 gal container?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. i know but im just afraid to put them under diffrent lighting they should be find for a few minutes right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. i moved them from the 30 gal container to the box stays between 70-80F and 51% humidity and added another 12 watt led. But heres the pic of the container.

Attached Files:

8. I will try to get some good pics under normal lighting

9. New pics under regular light

Attached Files:

10. #10 xgeocidex1, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Also lights are on a timer 18/6. I prefer not to go 24/7 because i dont like blasting my plants with light 24/7 i believe its stressful they need to rest. This is my 2nd grow first time indoors i have years experience with growing all kinds of veggies and fruits in a organic garden the soil im using for these plants is espoma organic potting mix.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. It looks like there showing signs of either a nitrogen or phosphorus deficiency any tips?

12. #12 xgeocidex1, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    I think they might be getting light burn so i switched to just 1 bulb becuase it said 1 can grow up to 3 average sized plants.

Attached Files:

13. A few more pics

Attached Files:

14. those are not 30 gallon pots.

15. Oh for pity's sake thats a tupperware bin. I thought you planted them in 30 gallon containers.

16. #16 HarveyHarvester, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    I like the box thing... gives me an idea. thanks!
    however, i think it would be better to turn that top fan around so it exhausts the hot air which naturally rises to the top.
    then...
    cut another fan-hole on the opposite side near the bottom to pull in cooler air near the floor.
    this way you will be constantly changing the air inside the box... which is desirable.

*edit: did not consider light leaks... would need to keep the room dark during lights-out unless they're autos.

17. had me scratching my head too. lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks guys the top fan is allready pulling out air just have to cut 1 more hole near the bottom.

• Like Like x 1