3 weeks old and not very big

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by th3 d0n 89, Nov 18, 2012.

1. I've been growing these plants for the past 3 weeks (the one on the right is only 2 weeks old) and they're not very big. From pictures i've see of plants the same age as mine i feel like mine should be bigger. I just started feeding with age old organics grow, sea weed and humic @ 1/4 Strength at the beginning of this week (haven't started the one on the right yet). BTW this is my first attempt. Picture Below

Attached Files:

2. they look fine to me. it may just be the genetics. how hot is the room? whats the ph of the soil? fertz will make the soil very acidic

the lights may be too far away. what type of light fixture do you have? you can raise the plants by putting wood or something under the pots

also make sure youre not soaking the soil, just making it damp when you water

3. They look like they are not getting enough light.

4. The lights are adjustable ill bring them closer. It's a 400w mh bulb w/ an air cooled reflector. The genetics are grape ultra from 303. The room is 75-80 w/ 65-75% humidity depending on how long it's been since the air has cycled. Ph of 7.

5. [quote name='"th3 d0n 89"']The lights are adjustable ill bring them closer. It's a 400w mh bulb w/ an air cooled reflector. The genetics are grape ultra from 303. The room is 75-80 w/ 65-75% humidity depending on how long it's been since the air has cycled. Ph of 7.[/quote]

How far away is the light? I just posted a week by week picture comparison under my 400w in my tangerine dream journal

6. I'd say about a 1.5-2 ft from the light

7. #7 BYOweed, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
    [quote name='"th3 d0n 89"']I'd say about a 1.5-2 ft from the light[/quote]

Try for 1 1/2' or closer. Also, if you transplant into 5gal pots you'll see much improvement in size

8. They're in 3 gal right now. My goal is to do a scrog because I'm in a tent and sativia's can get big.

9. How did they turn out?

10. pretty much this, I normally veg under a 400Wmh thta is not sealed and not aircooled (the area is) I keep mine about 10-12 inches above it with no issues at all.

11. Isn't that ph a little night for soil?