3 Weeks into Flowering Problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by High as Space, Sep 8, 2010.

1. These are some of my plants 3 weeks since first sign of pistils.
    The leaves attached to the bud sites are green and nice and frosty. but the ones on the middle of the plants are getting pretty yellow and some of them are drooping.
    What do you think i need to add to help them get healthy?

This one is my smaller one with the least yellow leaf problems.

IMAG0154.jpg

Nice bud site.

IMAG0155.jpg

Yellow leafs on my biggest plant.

IMAG0156.jpg

and more

IMAG0157.jpg

sorry about the bad quality but my camera doesnt have good details when theres direct sunlight.

2. Not a pro by any means, but it appears to just be the natural dieing of the fan leaves.
    The other (green) leaves on the plant don't appear to have any nutrient burn, so that's why I think it's a natural life cycle occurrence.

3. Looks to me like there's a nutrient problem of some sort.

When there is discoloration on the older leaves: it's from one of the bigger nutrients - nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, zinc

When the discoloration is on the newer leaves: it's probably a secondary or trace elements issue.

You're going to need to check up on the nutrients you have going right now and then start adding more of the specific nutrient, if you can.

If you've been checking your levels, you should have noticed some recent changes in the nutrients or the growth.

Keep track of what you're doing and you'll probably have seen some signs of change that would have signaled what you needed to do.

preventing problems is always better than trying to fix them.......

4. it looks fine to me i also made the mistake of thinking that there was something was wrong.it turned out the plants are usin all the nutes (nitrogen) from the leaves so dont wory!!

5. could be ph related ether of the soil or water ur using if ph is fine add more nitrogen cuz in the last days of flowering u wont be left with ant fan leaves the way its lookin now but keep up the good work and always learn learn learn

6. well the nutes im using for flowering are like 0-4-3 or something like that. i also have another kind thats like 4-2-2 or something. Not sure cause these plants and nutes arent at the house im at now.

should i mix in a little of the one with Nitrogen in with my normal flowering nutes that dont have any N to stop this problem of yellow leaves?

7. Plant is good.

Keep doing what your doing. Keep your normal feeding cycle. The fan leaves are using energy for the "good stuff". It's normal.

8. #8 High as Space, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
    ha thanks for the good news.

do you think it would be a good idea to but a large fan on them for a couple hours for a week long? just wondering cause the parents are gone for a week so i could set up a fan blowing on them for as long as i wanted, and i never had a fan on them before. Theyre outside by the way.

my first grow using bagseed, MG and im not gonna bother to check the PH ever on this grow. just add nutes and water for my first grow.

Next year is gonna be something special though now that i know theres a hydro store near me

9. i'd give em one shot with veg nutes...might just be slight nit. def....when was last time you gave them nit...they dont need much in flower but they need some:smoking:

10. It was awile ago. Probably 3 weeks ago. I'm sure that's what it is. ill mix the two next time I water. Thanks for the help you guys

11. so they yellow leaves are getting a little worse.

IMAG0159.jpg

also there is now white stuff that wont really rub off, any ideas?

IMAG0160.jpg

12. Im going to have to agree w/ deacon on this. The plant will naturally use up the nitrogen in the fan leaves as it flowers, but definitely not this early into flowering. You shouldnt start seeing this level of yellowing until about the 5th or 6th week of flowering.

Give it a shot of veg. nutes.

13. just did today. a mix of flowering + veg nutes with almost a tbsp of molasses. i guess well see how it goes.

14. its now been a couple days and 1 day after watering them with veg+flowering nutes and molasses.
    The yellow leaves are still around but now i just gotta wait to see if the N was low. Now i think i might have a mite problem. Im gonna spray them with neem oil and dish soap tonight.
    Let me know if you think i have them, and all the pics are from 1 plant. (Click on the pics after they load up to be able to zoom in)

Attached Files:

15. try the lucas formula thats what i use.when you have defs you can always work out what to add.

16. #16 High as Space, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
    Still thinking i have mites what are your opinions?... and the yellow leafs are either getting better or worse at this point. Just a waiting game.

Mites?
    IMG950421.jpg

Yellow leafs, and side view of largest plant
    IMAG0172.jpg

Bud site where pistils are just starting to change colors.
    IMAG0173.jpg

This one is my next-to smallest. It has some weird leafs on it that other ones dont. Look in the middle of it and their is a fan leaf, then a single leaf, then another fan leaf (left to right) ...? These are smaller fatter leafs then the rest
    IMAG0174.jpg

Bigger plant (to compare the leaves to the other)
    IMAG0175.jpg

most embarrassing plant
    IMAG0176.jpg