3 Weeks Into Flower

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jeremy9008, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Week 3 of flower for my 3 plants. All cfl grow. Planned on hps for flower but having a baby. So money's kinda came and gone. Ffof and happy frog mix. Hippie killer, cbd seeds northern, and barneys farms blue cheese. 20140701_140025.jpg 20140701_140017.jpg 20140701_140014.jpg 20140701_135954.jpg 20140701_135944.jpg 20140701_135842.jpg 20140701_135812.jpg 20140701_135755.jpg 20140701_135747.jpg

2. Nice set up nice plants... I am a CFL and LED grower. Subbed.

3. Yeah I thought about getting a led and adding it instead of throwing in a hps. The hps will probably cause heat issues and the led light seem a lot cooler and popular over the last couple years.

4. #4 jonny.blaze/420, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    Not only cooler and popular but they are getting more effective... before you buy check out the TopLEDGrowlight Family thread in the lighting section... A really good light for the price and great customer service. They have a rep on GC every weekday to answer any questions and address any concerns. I got my 300W for less than $200.

There are also lots of GC blades that have posted their results using those lights on the thread.

I just started flowering with mine so if you want to follow along there should be a link in my sig.

5. Yeah. For sure following it. Whole thing looks great. Even the led you got. 300 watts seems like plenty. Especially with the cfls. Can't wait to see the end result. Will for sure check out the company you got your light from!

6. #6 jeremy9008, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    Also I was thinking about training but this being my first grow. Trying to keep it as simple as possible. But my northern plant is a tree. Shot up almost as soon as I when into flower.

7. Don't be timid about training... it is very easy and the plant loves it... I get really good results from FIM and LST.

8. Ahh. PeopLe hate on the cfl..

9. Congrats on the baby, man! They are looking good! i'll sub!

10. NIce looking girls you have there. What size is your grow area? I am using leds and I love them, but unfortunately, I had to drop my tent size from 4x4 to a 2x4 until next summer and I had already bought my 880w led, so I do have heat issues. You should check out California Light Works, they are expensive but I believe they are still doing a grower's feedback program so you get the unit for half the price. 

11. Congrats on the newborn on the way! That's exciting news, man!

Plants are looking super healthy too. Your tent setup looks just like mine, except you've got CFLs in place of an HPS. You'll love filling out that tent with an HPS when the money comes around. 

However, there's nothing wrong with CFLs, man! My first grow was an HO T5 fixture supplemented with 68W CFL side lighting and I pulled a great harvest. 

Subbed up!

12. Thank guys! The tent is 32" by 32" and 63 inches tall. Fits the 3 pots and the fan perfectly. I started the grow before I had the tent. And I'm so happy I got it! It's made a world of difference. And for hps I have been trying to figure out a way to vent a cool tube the best. I love the tent though. Best investment yet. Right now with the lights in there I keep it around 78 degrees to 81 degrees. Have to water a bit more often. My cbd seeds northern.. it keeps getting taller. I might have to train it some how. The other 2 stopped there stretching way early on though. The lights are 200w cfl 2 55 watt and 2 23 watts. All 2700k. And sorry about the heat issues u are having. I feel like with a hps if I can vent it right I'll need a window unit in that room!

13. And honestly.. the northern.. I thought it was gonna die. All threw veg it loom horrible.. wilted brown leaves.. idk. It was sick. Then I transplanted the last time. And I put come cal & mag (dry stuff not the liquid" straight on the root during transplant for all 3.. and the northern had a 100% turn around. But I lost a lot of foliage on it

14. 20140709_161110.jpg
    Blue cheese
    20140709_161632.jpg
    Hippie killer. Yesterday day it looked like on its death bed.
    20140709_161910.jpg
    Northern. It's like a tree

Looking real good man - love the structure of the Northern. Don't be afraid to toughen those plants up. Get your hands dirty, bend them around and work the branches to strengthen/thicken them up. Do it right and you'll start to see the results in those buds, man. Just be careful not to snap anything - they'll recover, but you'll slow down growth and possibly sacrifice some yield.

In regards to your post about the drooping - over watering and under watering have very similar effects. I'm not sure what your water schedule/nute regiment is, but I stopped following the 'crusty top soil' trick and only water based on pot weight. It's a lot easier when you can physically feel when your plants need water.  

16. First one is the hippie killer second one is the northern. This is the 6th week into flower :) I'll take a picture of the blue cheese tomarrow. Had a meeting at work so was kinda pressed on time today!
    IMG_3034.jpg IMG_3324.jpg

17. The blue cheese and all 3 plants together.
    20140726_151543.jpg 20140726_151502.jpg