3 weeks into flower, what now? (Pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gurg, Dec 9, 2018.

1. #1 Gurg, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Another update on my first grow, to see if you guys got any more tips and advice!

Again, I'm trying to keep it organic and simple:

- Soil (mix of worm castings, perlite, FFOF, and promix mycorrhizae).
    - LED light ( https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B075SRHWQP )
    - No nutes, just water (with a bit of vinegar to get it just under 7PH).
    - Recently also just started mixing a bit of black strap molasses into every 2nd watering.

I seem to be lucky and haven't had any major issues (yet!), but I have struggled with stumpy short plants during veg. They seem healthy, but just very short and crazy thick with leaves. Very short internodes basically. It's very dry here though (only 30% humidity), so could that be the reason? Not sure if I want to tackle that problem, as it doesnt seem like there's a simple fix? Maybe it's just the strain?

All 3 plants turned out to be ladies (awesome!) and after my last post here, someone recommended that I defoliate to let the light in. So I've since tried to snip a lot of the lower fan leaves etc.

I was worried about the stretch, but they're still not very tall so I guess I could've vegged longer? I still have more seeds, so that will be good to know for next time.

I have an air exchange fan, but no fan on the plants themselves. I'd like to get an oscillating fan, but I don't think I have the room? I know I can get clip-on fans, but most of the seem crappy? Any recommendations?

If you guys got any other tips or anything, I'm all ears!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi! :)
    I have a few questions. What are you growing and how long have they been in flower? A lot of times the buds stay small because they are not getting enough light. You may have enough wattage but your light may be too far away from the canopy. They look lovely and healthy! Next grow you need to LST (low stress train) your plants, you will get double the harvest. Also get yourself a PH meter. Your water should be about 6.3-6.5 ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. 3 wks of flower, the buds look very small. If you flipped the lights 3 wks ago, they are probably actually only in week one of flower. That light only uses 280w. And it's advertised as 1500w. Healthy looking plants. In the pic of the side view of the plants, # 3 has some questionable growth on a couple nodes. Looks like maybe male flowers, but as I enlarge the pic it gets too distorted to see.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. #4 Robbie714, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    You want to lollipop the bottom foliage it’s taking energy from the top buds. your canopy looks pretty even to me which is key. you could of did a ScrOG, but you canopy is even. Plants Look Nice! the main stems are fat Good job man!

Btw: what’s the strain it’s bagseed or regs? maybe the strain don’t get that tall. I sure it’s an indicia dom strain with the broad leaves.
    Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. As the title says, these are 3 weeks in flower.

I got these seeds from jahseeds.ca and they're supposed to be sativa dominant island sweet skunk, but everyone is telling me they look like indica.. so I honestly dont know now.

As for the light, I dont really want to move them closer because they're currently at the distance recommended by the manufacturer for that area coverage. Maybe I'll get more lights in the future?

I tried some LST, but I think I started too late or just didnt do it right. Next time I'll try to be more aggressive with it.

I do have a ph meter, and I've been tweaking my water with vinegar to get it to 6.5 (my water here is naturally 7.5+)

All the flowers have pistils like crazy, so I'm pretty confident that they're all ladies. Are they small though? That sucks.

As for the light, I hate the fact that LED manufacturers state wattage because its such a terrible measurement of their growth potential. Perhaps the one I have isnt enough.. which sucks, but I'm gonna ride it out basically as an experiment, and get a new one afterward if necessary (and update their amazon page with a review lol)

So you're saying I should remove even more leaves? I'll have to look into it. It's pretty scary chopping things off! There are still quite a few fan leaves up top. Hrmm..

As for the strain, if you read my message above... I'm not really sure anymore lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. In that case I am out of suggestions friend but take a look at my plants sometime, they grow like trees over 6 feet tall.;) Happy growing I am adding a link for you that is the first simple video I ever watched regarding growing.

• Like Like x 3
  7. #7 Robbie714, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    If she’s 3 weeks in bloom Yes Imo take all the undergrowth off there isn’t much more lst you could really do except in veg but keep the middle open so light gets down there. but all the larf and what will be small popcorn buds get rid of so more energy goes to the top buds/nugs. It’s best to keep it clean here’s a good link. your doing good man your plants look Good to me. Lollipopping Cannabis: How to Do It Right! | Grow Weed Easy
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the responses! Appreciate the input.

I really think that maybe my low humidity might be slowing my growth.. but I've not had any problems with mold or pests or anything, so I dont mind waiting. I'll find out now after harvest if I want to change

9. They do look kinda small and don’t look like they’re 3 weeks into bloom.

They do look healthy though, what happened when you tried main-lining them?

In one of your pictures the plant far right looks very suspect at the nodes, could you take a close up picture of that one at the nodes?

I wouldn’t prune them anymore at the moment, make sure they’ve finished stretching first then prune them back to open everything up so light can pass through to all of the decent bud sites.

Lollipop everything at the bottom that will not make the canopy because your plants will just waste energy on those popcorn bud that will be full of fresh air.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum