3 weeks flowering no sex?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by churchhaze, Aug 15, 2009.

1. hi gc i have 3 plants. 2 which are budding and 1 which hasnt show sex yet. when i put the girls into 12 and 12 i didnt give them 24hours of dark first. is that the problem? should i chop it?

2. the plant is neviles haze from ghsc

3. sativas will take longer......how long did u veg?

4. its almost 4 weeks now

5. Are you giving it bloom nutes yet?

I stalled a plant before by continuing to give it veg nutes.

6. mate thats good to know never thought that could happern, cheers for that:hello:

7. #7 chiefton8, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2009
    these are your likely explanations:

(1) some plants are just naturally slow to flower, especially if they are coming from a 24/0 veg cycle. give it another week.

(2) the plant is unhealthy. pH or nute def./overdose can cause this. i find it unlikely that giving it a dose of veg nutes during the very early stages of flowering is going to stunt its flowering growth. light cycles induce or stop growth cycles, not nutes. nutes just help them along their course.

(3) you have light leaks in your closet. check that there isn't even a hint of light during the dark period, and that the dark period is lasting for a FULL 12 hours.

(4) wrong spectrum of light. make sure you're using HPS, or CFLs with a temperature rating of 2700k (i.e. orange/yellow-ish light).

bottom line: make sure you have the right type of flowering light, check for light leaks, check your pH and nute levels. if those all check out perfectly, then you might just have a slow grower. no need to chop the plant down yet.

8. ive gave it nutes once it was foxfarm tiger bloom

9. thanks for narrowing it down, id def have to go with number 1. they were in 24 and 0 there whole life. i have a 600 watt hps system now

10. Agree 100% - I'm leaning towards light leaks or some plants being slower to flower, normally a sativa trait.

Veg nutes during the early weeks of flowering is no prob. Some growers still consider that first week or two veg.

11. [quote name='PipeWorks']Agree 100% - some plants being slower to flower, normally a sativa trait.

Growing 3 of some 50/50 sativa/indica - I'm in my 4th week of 12/12... 2 are flowering profusely while one has only a few budsites, just getting started.

Hope this helps!:)

12. at three weeks of flowering I would be gettin worried also..
    thats one slow moving strain,,

13. Mine took about 3.5 weeks to sex actually. So I have seen it happen before.