3 week old plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Larley.ox, Apr 15, 2017.

1. hi guys can I have some advice this is my 3 week old cannabis plant I know it's stretched but other than that do you think she's fine. She is under a 85 watt big CFL I feed her 5.9 6.0 ph distilled water I noticed she has a little black tip apear on one of the top leaves what could this mean ? I have tried many before and they died she's been the best too me so far. Shes in my cubord and I have a small fan in there too I give her 18 hours light 6 hours rest. Would apricate any advice thanks here are some pictures also I can smell cannabis when I put my nose close to her middle leaves.

Attached Files:

2. OK its stretched for sure yes the bottom leaves are nasty Here is what I would do. I would take those bottoms Leaves off the plant . repot the plant so only about 1.5 inches of the stem is out of the soil. This will get rid of the stretch and make the plane healthy. And you will start feeding some sort of. Nutrient. This plant is. Not that bad you did a good job. You will need to upgrade the lighting .

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. It appears to be starving to me. It looks low on nitrogen and also has some brown spotting which could indicate other deficiencies.

It's mostly because your water is too low of ph. That plant is too young to exhaust the nutrients. You're locking out nutrients with your low ph. That's a hydroponic ph level. Soil should be 6.2-6.6 range.

4. Distilled water will also cause deficiencies if you don't use any nutrients with it. It will for sure eventually cause calcium to be leached out of the plant and soil. Water is a powerful solvent. Distilled water has nothing in it 0ppm. This makes it extremely thirsty to dissolve minerals. Not what you want in a plant environment. In fact for the same reason you're not supposed to drink distilled water.

If you want to continue to use the distilled you'll need a plant food like GH maxibloom dry and a cal/mag supplement like calimagic. Most nutrient schedules are formulated to work from average tap water. It all has dissolved minerals in it already. When you work with a water that is devoid of minerals you have to supplement more cal/mag on top of a nutrient schedule since that is generally what makes up most dissolved ground water mineral content.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. It's because you're feeding the fox farms trio with the distilled?