3 week old haze xl autos. PNW Outdoor - topped, but found bugs

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nickdude, Jul 11, 2019.

1. #1 nickdude, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Hi everyone!

This is my first grow and I was hoping I could get some eyes on them.

They were planted from seed 3 weeks ago. The tiny one got knocked over while watering and I think I accidentally damaged the roots trying to "re-plant" it.

I thought I could plant them in the big pots and just water a little bit at a time to keep the soil from drying out but I guess that didn't work out so well.

Anyways, they seem to have been picking up growth a bit the last week or so and I think it's almost time to top the 2 that are healthy and I'm not sure about the small one.

It gets pretty warm and sunny here so have been watering once a day once the top of the soil is dry.

The medium is miracle gro moisture control. I haven't given any nutes yet, but from what I have read other people starting adding nutes to this soil after a couple months.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. #2 nickdude, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    So the plants grew an additional 1cm above the 4th node overnight so I went ahead and topped them.

I also found this weird beetle-looking bug on one of the pots as well as this tiny orange spider trying to make webs around them. Tried searching google for a while but couldn't positively identify them. The grow is in a pacific northwest in-land grassland region.

The spider is hard to see, but it looks like mostly body and has extremely thin legs.

weirdbug.jpg spider (2).jpg topped_3gal.jpg topped_4gal.jpg