3 Weeeks Into Flowering...Showing Amber Pistols Already?..(Pic Incl.)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Canadianguy48, Mar 31, 2012.

1. #1 Canadianguy48, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    Hi fellow GC...This plant I have grown from bagseed is only starting 3 weeks into flowering and it's already showing amber pistols??How can this be lol?Is it maybe an autoflower?I thought the orange or amber hairs came about the last weeks of flowering?This is happening just on the tops..

Will I get an early harvest?

-Soil
    -Nutes - 5ml/2 litres every second watering
    -Could be more air circulation
    -Vegged Till a Foot
    -Could be a little warmer to
    -Not much of an oudor at all

http://[​IMG]

2. the pistols are not a good way to indicate whether or not it is ready, I have had them turn color early like your have and have had them stay white until after they were harvested and cured. It is actually pretty normal to turn at three weeks, most likely you will see new growth "fox tail" from your plant. basicly more white pistols will start shooting out later during the flowering. To check if your plant is ready you should be checking the thricombs with a microscope, clear is a no go, mostely cloudy I would wait a couple weeks on, but what you really want is a good solid mix of cloudy and amber thrichs.

Also the down fall of growing with bag seed is you have no idea on when it is going to be ready, could be a 6 week flower could be an 11 week flower. unless you have grown out this paticular bag seed strain before you would rally have no frame of reference on early harvest or not. My opinion would be start checking at 6 weeks and gage baised on the thrichs.

3. Yeah I don't think there ready yet...just didn't know if it's normal or not.Yes bagseed and like you said know Idea what or how it will turn out.I see the micrscope people on here are using from radio shack for 11 dollars.Our radio shacks in canada have none at all..

4. sativa dom plants take up to 10+ weeks
    indica dom plants 8+ weeks
    give or take a week or 2

5. I have this one SE Mini Pocket Microscope 60x -100x:Amazon:Everything Else

Works well and was cheaper

6. It's normal just keep doin what you're doin