3 Strain SCROG RDWC under 150W NEXT MINI LED

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by kittybuns, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Don't think e.c is that high lol my truncheon only reads up to an e.c of about 3.4 :biggrin:

With my plants I started off using 1/4 strength nutes of what the manufacture recommended and built my way Up to a max e.c in veg of around 1.6/ 1.8, it all depends on how your individual plants respond though, I'd say with plants your size start off with a total e.c of around 1 and build up from there and if the tips start burning add fresh ph'd water and lower your e.c next time round and if your plants start yellowing up your e.c a bit and you should be fine.

Also your ph is spot on mate, when I do a fresh batch of nutes I start them on a p.h of around 5.8 and they usually end up rising to about 6.3 by end of the week ready for a res change

• Like Like x 1
  2. Honestly i havent had to ph the water. after i mix the nutes it drops to about 6 and stays there. i did the math and my EC is at like 1 after I add nutes.my tap water is .32 and ph is at 7.5, To find EC take your ppm ×2 then ÷ by 1000..... I think lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. That's good then just rechecked what nutes you were using and saw that your using silica blast which apparently stabilizes nutes solution as well as strengthening stems and protecting from disease so that's probs why your nice and stable :thumbsup: and I've found a good website to convert ppms to e.c for you.... Convert EC or PPM measurements from Growco Indoor Garden Supply

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice Flowerhorn cichlid. I use to have one of those also had a Midas cichlid.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks!!! Thats Guts, Hes a pain in the ass, Always biting.

6. Lol yeah man they got teeth mine use to draw blood everytime I cleaned his tank. Mines name was dirty sanchez cus he had a orange mustache.
    Really fun intelligent fish dirty use chase my daughter everytime she passed the tank, or watch tv, and always attacking his reflection.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah super interactive. I know how you feel lol he bites me everytime I look away. Im thinking of getting 1 more nextweek. Im getting out of planted tanks and just gonna do bare bottoms with big fish.

8. Yeah they dig em up and move em around or eat them. You aren’t planning on putting 2 in the same tank are you?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah thanks for the link. I was super confused at first but now i get it.

10. Yeah but with a divider. I have had my fair share of aggresive fish in the same tank. At 1 point i had 15 tanks in my house and it drove my wife insane. but now a few big tanks is just fine.

11. Yeah I had a massive tank with schools of convicts in it and had success. They breed all the time and I would take the babies and put them in a small 10 gallon and feed them to my flowerhorn and Midas. I had a tank in the bedroom one in the living room and one in the spare room. After 10 years I shut them all down one went to a nursing home, one went to my daughters elementary school and one went to my mom. But everytime I see a large tank with cichlids in it I think about starting over again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Day 20 of veg 1521967328915.jpg 1521967338728.jpg 1521967349902.jpg 1521967356194.jpg 1521967363739.jpg Not sure what day of flower im on for the chesse dog haze but shes coming along nicely. Just did a res change.
    PH-5.9
    PPM-658
    TEMP in res-74F
    In tent-86

13. 1522133561565.jpg Before and after trim. Scrog screen going in. Hopefully within the week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You just gonna grow until scrog screens filled out?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Im probably gonna fill out like 75%. I got the material to make my screen just gotta build it. These plants are growing faster then i planned so i gotta improvise.

16. Yeah mate suppose main thing is making it strong enough so it doesn't bend and heavy enough so it holds the plants down other that that you can make it out of anything you like haha

17. 1522304497613.jpg Screen finally built and put in. Now the real fun begins. Also just ordered some Gelato 33 X Wedding Cake by Seed Junky Genetics. Cant wait to pop those bad girls lol

• Like Like x 1