3 Questions

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Deleted member 351711, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Who is god, who made god, and why does god matter?

2. That's the same question as "where did the universe come from and why?" No one knows. It's all just opinions.

3. Those are some pretty open ended, ill formed, presumptuous questions there buddy.

You know there's no answer to that shit.

What's the point of the antagonism?

Have you seen the atheist meme thread?

4. It's not the same question. If it were, it would be the same question. And opinions are good. That's what I wanna see.

Nah I don't know about the atheist meme thread. And there is an answer to those questions. Many answers actually. I just want to here some.

5. #5 DBV, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    I guess it depends how you envision god.. to a pantheist, it is the same question.

Who is god?

To me, I see god as more of a what than who.

who made god?

Whatever caused the universe. Nature is the only assumption I can come up with.

why does god matter?

We rely on it to exist, but I don't think it should be worshipped. We don't worship the law of gravity so why should we worship natures laws in entirety? The closest I get to worship is science, but that's more just curiosity.

Now for my interpretation of christianity, I think the sun was god because they always said god was the light and holy spirit. We now believe that lifes building blocks do come from suns/supernovas. Also the heavens simply referenced the space/stars they'd see at night.

6. Great. So you view god as some type of universal law and not a conscious being?

7. #7 DBV, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    Basically.

I think consciousness is a product of the universal law. Whether it's the other way around, I remain agnostic and just throw my arms in the air. Who knows... no one knows how the universal laws came to be. I tend to think consciousness is a process of cosmic evolution and a way for the universe/god to understand itself.

8. God simply is. In the bible when moses asks god who he should tell the people who sent him, god responds, "tell them I AM sent you. God is all. From the macrocosm of the infinite space to the microcosm of every atom and quark in existence.

God was never created, god just always was and always is. Its such a hard concept for our 3 dimensional minds to grasp but god has no beginning. no end. He is infinite. omnipotent and forever expanding.

As for why god matters.. well god only matters because you choose to make it matter. Hell, isn't that why anything matters in this world? Your brain perceives something and puts a meaning to it. The meaning to god can never be explained for the exact reason that god is infinite. Such a hard concept.

but that is forever life's goal. to create, experience its own creation, and once all knowledge is gained, a whole new octave of creations, experiences, and dimensions is waiting, for infinity.

9. This is just about exactly the way I'm thinking about this. Only thing that differs is that I don't believe god to be an individual at all. I see it as everything that is and unable to be able to relay any type of message or anything. I think the bible has some great messages, but I don't take it as true events. I see it as more of a way for us to understand ourselves and push us forward toward less destruction.

10. Allah

He is the creator i.e He who creates creatures.

You weren't asked for permission to be from this color, shape, sex ,parents, era.You just live it then u return back to him. the present life is a trial in preparation for the next realm of existence. In the Day of Judgment ( Resurrection) when all people will be resurrected for God's judgment according to their beliefs and deeds.

11. God is and will always be. He was just there and that's how it was. And because he is.

Good reasoning eh?

12. Very.

13. who IS god, who MADE god, and god is a Y we are matter