3 plant in one large hole?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by channel cat, Jun 16, 2011.

1. I have 3 wood kush clone and one lastt hole wanted to try and plant the three in the same hole and bend them away from each other. What do you think? Will yield be higher or the same? Ever tried it?:rolleyes:

2. depends on how big your hole is. I planted all of 45 of mine in different holes so that
    1. they wouldn't need to fight over nutrients
    2. if someone goes there they only find a couple instead of all 45
    3. less likely all get eaten by animals

But if your hole is big enough so that the roots won't tangle up when they are older you should be okay :gc_rocks:

3. Lower yield. Just like pots, one hole/one plant.

4. help please

5. 1.I will give them plenty of nutes
    2.No animale is going to eat my shit
    3.nobododys gonna steal my shit

has anyone ever tried this?

6. #6 shawnfierro, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    One hole one plant. Seriously. I have seen plenty of videos (See More Buds) and the expert advice is what you've already received. Peace! Don't skimp!

7. Why don't you put the best looking one in the hole and keep the other two in pots somewhere? If you have a HUGE whole it would be ok, but I'm pretty sure you don't or you would have enough room for all three to be separate. The 3 plants together might produce as much or a little more than one plant in a hole BUT not as much as they would if kept separately. I know from personal experience that plants bunched together only get a fraction of the size they should, and their buds will be fluffier.

8. thanks mjmama25

9. Anytime. :wave:

10. THE HOLE IS 5.5'X 5' MY BUDDY WAS HELPING ME DIG. HE WAS DRUNK AND MADE A HUGE HOLE WHILE I WAS GONE. i HAVE EVEN MORE EXTRAS CLONES NOW AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE. i HAVE A FEW SPOTS WERE I CAN THROW IN SOME BAGS. i HAVE USED GRAVITY AND FOUND THAT IT REALLY TIGHTENS UP THE LOWER STUFF. i ALSO TAKE OFF ALOT OF LOWER BRANCHES THAT PRODUCE THE FLUFF. wHEN YOU TRIED IT WAS IT OUTDOOR OR INDOOR?

11. Dude i definately don't skimp and i dont watch videos. I use my knowledge ask others what has worked for them, decide if I want to try it or stick with what i have always done or blend the two. I tend to over think things and try to always go back to my first instinct.

12. You could probably fit 2 plants in that whole safely, maybe 3 since clones don't get as big of root systems as plants from seed. Do you have any trees to grow topsy turvy from?

13. That is a nice size hole. You could fit 2 easily I think. Go for three, and in that big of a hole I bet you can bend them and not have a problem with them interfering with each other. I say go for it and let us know how it goes. Good luck this season.

14. #14 shawnfierro, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Careful with Gravity. It tightens them up like you said, but it prevents full calyx growth and diminishes aroma and taste and tends to leave more orange hairs. The people in BC used this stuff for Beasters. Less shake. Anyway, I only use it once around week 4. It can definitely be over used.

15. if they're autos or semi autos yes.
    if they're regular seeds yes (cut out males when the sacks show)
    if they're feminized no as a general rule.