3 Plant CFL W/Pics

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DO3SHA, Dec 1, 2011.

1. calling bullshit

2. Not at all. It is called minimizing the wasting of light. Anyone can replicate my results. If you look at your pictures you can see that most of the light is not hitting the leaves but merely making your grow room bright.

This is from my thread 'Why we have veg and flower lights' that covers this in more detail.

[​IMG]

It is a 5 gallon bucket lined with Reflectix and placed upside down over one's plants. It is way more effective at containing light than most other homemade or hardware store clamp-on reflectors.

I also vegged it under a 2700K light - which according to popular and incorrect understanding of plant and light interaction, is said to be the 'wrong' spectrum.

3. I had one male and pulled that fucker. I transplanted my 2 week old kush plant LST and TOPPED into the now open pot. Here's some pics , enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Two questions. How do you get fans in the bucket? It sounds like an awesome idea actually and see what you mean by light loss.

And

So you mean to say you can use only a 2700k light? I have heard the same about 6500K lights too? Any supporting links or data? Again sounds cool its just against what a lot of experienced growers say. Id love to only need to buy one spectrum lights too.

5. I have vent holes at the top(bottom) of the bucket. This is a 23watter. I can go up to about 32 watts before heat become an issue as I leave a 1/2" air gap when sitting on another bucket. If there is no bucket underneath - just open space, you could go higher.

Note however, I have switched to E27 6 watt white spotlights as they are on a par with the 23W CFL when used as a downlight. When using a 30 degree angle, you probably won't even need a reflector inside the top bucket, but should still have one in the lower bucket.

As to cool/warm CFLs both have sufficient red and blue for all stages of growth. The main difference is in the green and yellow area.

6. Soo basically you are way smarter than I am! But for the lights I have 3 23w 2700K lights and am using them in a pc grow. Your post leads me to believe they would work by themselves then?

7. Sure, they will be fine. If you were to put all three in a single bucket lamp then you certainly would need a cooling fan; otherwise just use one for veg and you will find you can grow a damned big plant; then use the other two as sidelighting as the need arises.

8. I went on vacation for three days, i left the water to my roomate, and they all showed signs of sex when i came back. And.............. 2 males out of the three. One question though, i had a plant that was fimmed and was two weeks old, ive read around about if you try to start flowering that early it will turn male. I just wanted to try because i wasnt really worried about it. mine came out male, has anyone had any females with doing this.

and here are the chopped mother fuckers.

Pictures of my female will be tommorow, and she has about 200watts on her total.

Attached Files:

9. everyone ready for some updates? i got some big supprisses

10. What you think?

Attached Files:

11. Man your setup is identical to mine, check my threads