3 or 4 plants in the same pot?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by memojuentes, Sep 22, 2012.

1. I have a really quick question here. I have a few seedlings that are getting too big for their solo cups and i'm about to transplant. My question is can i plant 3 or 4 plants in a big 32 gal pot without hindering the plant's growth?

That's the 32 gal on the picture and a bottle of coke next to it for perspective

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. You can for maybe another week or so... but really you need to have one pot per plant for SO many reasons.

3. one per pot.

4. agree with the other two....

the reason you need on per pot is becaused they will be fighting for nutrients. 4 plants trying to suck up as much as they can.....they will NOT be very healthy

5. How big of plants are you wanting? If you plan on keeping them smallish I really see no problem with that.

6. yes there is a problem with that.....The plants fight for resources and if one of them turns out to be male there is no way to separate them.

Even if you have a male and cut it down....the genetics in the roots will spread

Over crowding leaves, branches and roots, nutrition and water squabbling...

Not enough light gets to the fan leaves for photosynthesis

also....number 8 of the "do's and dont's" sticky
    "8/ One plant per pot......it's not too difficult to do....honest!......if you put more than one in the pot, the roots will get entangled, and you may lose all the plants you have in the pot......good sizes to use are 3 gallon pots and 5 gallon pots, which will see the plant through from seed to bud if need be.....remember the bigger the pot, the more room it has to grow. "

7. I don't plant on growing them too tall, i think 3 feet would be my top.

Here's a picture of the setup i have. I have the light hanging from my closet's hanger pole so there's a limit on how much i can eventually raise my lights. I also have a fan blowing into the closet but not on the plants.

Any comments or input on my setup or plants would be awesome guys

thanks

Attached Files:

8. If you plan on having healthy 3 foot plants I would definatly put one plant per pot....

And look into training....specifically topping and LST due to your space restrictions...