3 nodes at same point on main branch.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kushmanjockin, Nov 4, 2010.

1. i took a clone from some type of purple plant that i started from seed. after i took the clone i was looking at it and realized that there were 3 leafs all connecting at the even points evenly around the stem. I've never had more than the traditional 2 nodes on the main stem. is this normal with some strains? kinda weird a few days ago i was reading up on polyploidy. any info would be cool, will throw up newer, better pics when i get the chance.

Attached Files:

2. nah dude 3 is pretty wierd, ive seen usually 2 and i actually have seen a 4 ( not 2 and 2 but an actual 4) never 3 tho.

3. polyploidy has to do with the number of chromosome pairs within a cell, that kind of trait is where your get hermaphrodites from, and it is completely different to having a trifurcated node.

it's just a genetic hickup, happens from time to time - just like you may get some weird fan leaf with an even number of points, could be an indication of unstable genetics though(can happen if you have a clone of a clone of a clone, etc but is odd in a 1st gen clone).. never know.

4. ive seen this before on one of my male lowryder#2 plants. its actually the male i used to pollinate the entire crop but i didnt see it again when i planted the seeds from that batch. increased yield with more corresponding branches lol?