3 months light 3 months dark

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jbird745, Jul 12, 2011.

1. My friend told me that when he was growing he would do 24 hours of light for 3 months and 24 hours no light for 3 months anyone successful with a similar regiment

2. Wow. Not sure if serious...

3. I just asked and he said that's exactly how he did it and it's always worked awesome which I don't get

4. I have to wonder if anyone that grows would believe this. The 24 with light on is understandable.....I do 18/6...but the 3 months no light would kill the plant, whether through atristion, fungi/mold,or the total lack of hormonal input from the plant. Just my opinion. Grasshopper

5. I felt the same that's why I thought to ask. I'm in 2.5 months of 24 hour light I'm gonna give it 3 or 4 more weeks and the cut it to 12/12

6. How big are your plants after 2.5 months of 24/0? They're likely to stretch quite a bit (up to tripling in size, sometimes) when you switch to 12/12.

7. Right now they're 18-22 inches

8. 18-24 inches now, plus three weeks continued veggin' after the light change can make for a big ole' girl. Hope you have the height.

9. I have 6 feet worst comes to worse I move them to my barn lol

10. Shit move the whole op in there and crank it up:yay:
    ~spacejerk234

11. Haha good call lol

12. where do u guys come up with such a dum question,its common sense,if u cant figure that out DONT GROW

13. Why do people make such dumb posts, it's common decency, if you can't be constructive and write competently DON'T POST.

14. To be dumb

15. Do you mean 3 months veg and 3 months flower? Or the last 3 months complete darkness?

16. He either means three months of 24 light then 3 months 12/12 or he's fucking with you.

17. shouldnt be negative.so i apologize,but a plant cant live without light for a extended period,especially 3 month:wave:

18. Yeah I called him on it and he was like " yeah well I didn't mean complete darkness" ...... Dumb shit lol but yeah I'm culling it to 12/12

19. One thing that's important when growing. You have to learn for yourself. Reading up on here is good to learn, but so many people lie and exaggerate about their growing skills that you never know who to listen too. Plus everyone grows differently, so one guy will say do this, and another will say do that, and they may both be right. Or they could both be fucking idiots, lol. Do what you think is best for your plants and you'll have this growing thing down soon enough.

20. My advice is read a couple different sites and find what is most widely believed. And don't trust people just bc they have a high post count, I've seen quite a few with high post counts who.haven't even grown "yet" IMO your friend was greatly exaggerating the darkness period. 12/12 seems to be the preferred light schedule for flowering. Remember, you are trying to recreate nature inside? Besides Alaska where is it dark for 3 months?