3 Leaf breeding

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Crosser1981, Nov 13, 2018.

1. At sometime a grower may come up with a plant that has 3 sets of stems on every internode and not the usual 2. If you take pollen from a plant that has 3 stems will the offspring be 3 stems or is it not in the genethics? Or is it just a mutation that cannot be breed. Because i think it will be cool to bread a strain that all has 3 stems per internode. Or what do you guys think? Maybe a 3 stems plant is no good? More or less yield?

• Like Like x 1
  2. i suppose you could try the pollen from the three stemmed plant ,who knows give it a ago ..lots of growers have had plants which have started growing with three stems ,,,but never heard of any one trying to breed from them ,,,,mac,,

3. Yes the seeds are in week 3 of maturity right now. The plant is an Ace Seeds Golden Tiger that where growing with 3 stems all the way to the top. Pollinated a female Ace Seeds Golden Tiger so now just a long wait of 4 weeks to go and then pop some and see whats happening. Maybe we get both a male and a female 3 leaf and then breed them togeather. Only future will tell how it works. Hope its in the genetics. Cause if so there will be some 3 stems feminized seeds with collodial silver later on but for now just focus on these and se how it turns out.

4. The gene that makes a triplate or even Triploid plant is very recessive same as the auto flowering gene

what you are asking is to create a Triploid plant which is difficult but not impossible

but for what reason?

it will take a lot of time

good luck

5. I currently have a gelato 33 like this.[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk