3 kings pistils turning brown

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ironbud, Nov 27, 2011.

1. hello all! this is a first for me. i have 3 kings in a soilless mix about 3 weeks into flowering. the pistils that are popping out are turning brown as fast as they grow and very short aswell. also have some leaf curl. ph of soil is right at 7 and i feed with nutes @ ph of 6.5 . help!:eek:

2. Check for hermies, also, some strains have their pistils turn brown early in flowering, but new ones grow back and its all good. Is it an indica dominant by chance?

3. i really know nothing about this strain???? cant really find any info on it. the clones were given to me. said it was the 3 kings and it was a 10 week finish.

4. Sour Diesel x OG Kush x Headband

5. ^ not possible? Which was male, female, and the second generation? Those are really good strains btw. Are all of them turning brown? Or just a few of them here and there.

6. All are turning brown. some of the smaller leafs are curling down. new growth is lime to pale green.
    ill try to post a pic.

7. Check for nanners... did you happen to foliar feed lately?

8. heres one

Attached Files:

9. How many plants? Can you pull them away from the light and get a closer shot? Some of the fan leaves as well, where there might be any irregularities you see. If there are none, take pictures of some of the fan leaves anyways.. if you could.. it would help diagnose whatver the hell is going on.. and about that foliar feeding..

10. sorry about the bad pics

Attached Files:

11. no, no foilar feeding. fan leaves look good, good color.

12. God damn son, your really growing a lot of trees, nice work! Alright well I still cant tell whats going on but go ahead and check every node of every plant, if you see male parts or nanners, then you have your answer, now unless you check every node and confirm its not that, we cannot go on.

I could be wrong but I see leaves curled up, looks like a magnesium deficiency to me, not sure if that would cause the browning of pistils though, some foliar sprays will do that.

13. lol there only 9 there! 3 ft tall. 800 watts. no nanners have checked them all!

Attached Files:

14. also im using floranova bloom

Attached Files:

15. making me sick!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Well I'm glad your helping the cause to outgrow the government, the bad news is your plants.. have cancer. Hah I'm kidding but I would wait a few days and see whats good. What is floranova bloom? Synthetic fertilizer?

17. could magnesium deficiency be the result of a ph problem?

18. Yes it can, it can be locked out by too low of a ph I believe. Or you could just not have enough magnesium, either way getting some garden lime will help the problem by raising the ph (making more nutrients available to the plant) and giving it the mag it needs.