3 gallon pot or...? Need Advice Please!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Last Frost, May 3, 2012.

1. Hey GC, I've been stuck between choosing a 3 or 5 gallon pot to transplant my plants in when they're ready for outdoors... my question is if i use the 3 gallon pot ( ive read that 1 gallon = ~1ft. ) i should get a 3 ft. plant... would a 3 ft. plant produce a decent amount of bud for personal use or should i go with 5 gallons...

Also, I should add that i need to remain stealthy so a 5ft. plant is kinda pushing it ya feel me?... First time growing, this is one hell of a learning curve so far but I appreciate all feedback/tips/experiences you've all had

2. 3 gallon pot = water every day when its hot out.... just saying even 5 most peeps will tell you is to small, Its ok tho for short plants!.

3. oh damn, ok... thank you for the heads up homie

4. Forget the one gallon=one ft plant thing. Even 5 gallons will be way to small for outdoors. You're best off getting a short and wide fabric pot. It will create a short wide plant, especially if you top. A plant in a 5 gallon bucket will yield minimally. You need at least 10-15 gallons for outdoors. My plants are already outgrowing my 20 gallon pots. I'm about to cut the pots right off the plants to put them in ground, lol.

If you are worried about height you may want to just plant in ground. It yields much better and cuts down on the height of the container. And make sure you top and LST. You will keep the plant short and yield more.

5. Do people not read the forums. We are talking I depth about 5 gal pots like two treads down. Y would u even think of three gal pot. That is what I use on indoor and u want that for outdoor

6. Would you just keep topping until before they start flowering at around the end of July (For me atleast) ????

7. Thank you so much! But one more question... where can i find a good topping/LST thread because all the ones i find seem to be for intermediate/expert growers... I really want one targeted for complete beginners

8. #8 Last Frost, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
    Hey dick, I said IM A FIRST TIME GROWER... of course im not gunna know shit... and i was busy so i couldnt read all the forum threads... think about someones situation before you troll/post hate comments...

P.S fuck you and yo motherfuckin mama

Disrespect is not allowed in the city-PF

9. Should just ignore ppl who have no constructive advice. Comments like these will get you banned pretty quick -- just a heads up.

10. Oh, Thanks bro... thats a piece of advice i will take to heart...

11. Just don't want to see you banned if you actually needed help ya know :)

12. I would definetly go bigger I used 20 galon pots last year and wished I had threw them in the ground. Most of the time indicas won't grow over 8 feet any ways so you should be fine if you fim it and train it.

13. Check these links. http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/122559-how-fimming-topping-made-easy.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/924509-closer-look-lst-picture-guide.html

If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them in this thread.

Welcome to the city. Happy growin.

This is really good advice. There's plenty of good peeps here to help, and no shortage of haters either. Just a microcosm of the real world.

Welcome to the city to you as well.

14. Grass city has some nice people... +Rep

15. Thank you man... I really wanted to find a good guide... really cant thank you enough. oh yea and thanks for welcoming to the city... +rep

16. Check out all the grow sections here, a lot of info for the taking.

Just make sure you follow the rules. Gotta show respect for other members in the future and hold your tongue. Do that and we cool.

17. fosho cuh... thanks. next time i'll hold my tongue

18. He may have been rude but he is right. What you do with your time is not the fault of any member here. If you choose not to read what is already been posted over and over for years then do not expect anyone to start helping if you cannot help yourself.

He should not post hateful things to you regardless of what you said. However you should put as much effort in to maximizing the time and help of members here because frankly what you do with your time or don't do is not our problem.

so instead of reverse name calling which you just did be an adult and let it slide. This is internet forum not your living room. Act like you share this space and others will try and be humble I am sure. Defend yourself like a child and you will be treated as such.

Did you need to insult his mother like that? It is pretty small you could have simply said nothing. This is not YOUR community it is OUR community so act like it or you are no better than those that have wronged you.

19. Yea man I wasn't even being rude. I was telling him how it is. He is just a faceless Internet tuff guy that wouldn't say a peep to a persons face.

20. Respect you.