3 gal pot for autos?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by loudnoise8, Jun 9, 2020.

1. I just got my 3 gallon smart pots and Now looking at them it’s smaller than I expected and now I’m scared my shit will go root bound or be a low yield, I’ll be growing Bruce banner auto and night queen auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Don't do it unless it's in coco. I'm in a 5 in soil and I think I fucked up my yields underestimating autos. I'm still going to get a good harvest but I have to feed and water a lot more then I like. Plus the fabric pots aren't as big as they claim ie 5 gallons of soil wouldn't fit in one.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ok shit, I guess I’m gonna have to return these

4. Keep them if you want I'm just letting you know. If growing in soil go with the largest pot you're comfortable with. In coco it doesn't matter as much you just have to feed Motrin smaller pots. In soil small pots=small yields.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ok thanks, how much of a difference would it be if I were to switch to 5 gal, and I’m growing in soil :(

6. Noticable. Expect around 1oz per gallon of soil for the most part.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah as the guys said there, you want bigger for soil growing.
    On a side note too, that night queen is one of the strongest things going.
    Lethal :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Damn that’s very good to know because I’m growing night queen for my sister, she has a high tolerance and needs to smoke every night because she gets these seizure like episodes in her sleep and cannabis is the only thing that helps it

• Like Like x 1
  9. The photo version is the strongest weed I've grown by a long shot. Pure Indica and leaves you utterly rubberized. Get purple trails off your hands after a fair blast lol.
    Probably the strongest auto I've done too. Top 3 anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Your definitely right about amount of soil not fitting in the proposed pot

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Back when I was using soil, 5 gallon Smart pots were my favorite.

• Like Like x 1