3 finger fan leaves?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GrowillaGlue4, Mar 21, 2018.

1. I have a clone I've been growing and it has 3 leaf fan leaves instead of the normal 5? What's wrong with her?

2. Not enough energy to produce more than 3 some plants have 7 I’ve seen 9 on a plant a couple times.

3. Hmm maybe it was because I was hanging my shitty viparspectra LED 32 inches above the top of the plant... lol

Upon doing alot of forum browsing and researching I've lowered the light down to about 18 inches. Hopefully that fixes it... Thanks for the response!

4. My clones from Gorilla Wreck#4 and Cackleberry all started with 3 finger leaves that changed back to 7-9 fingers later in flower. The other strain clones all were normal..same lights..same everything..

5. Immature plants often have this.

6. Mine do that when I drop the light intensity and cut my feeds in half to try to slow them down so I tend to agree with CBD. When I go back to full feeds and drop my light back to 24” they go right back to 7leaves.

7. Yeah..but these are MY OWN clones(Only the GW#4 and Cackleberry..GDP is quite normal)..cut from a 6 month old mother..so they are surely mature in real terms..YES???

8. Not necessarily. ...rhe plant will probably grow out of it. I have had same thing with clones.

9. That's exactly what happens when I flip..they begin growing normal fans..

10. It's not really a problem to have. I bet u run a short veg.....ig u get longer they will grow normal again also

11. Not a problem ..I do run veg between 7-8 + weeks under Photon Sunboards (like QBs)

12. It can be a sign of stress. Single and triple fan leaves are not a happy plant usually. It's not always having to do with light intensity. I see a bunch of activity like that when I clone a plant late.

A happy, stress free, mature plant will put out 5,7,9 and sometimes higher blade counts per leaf.

13. I am experiencing the same problem, different strain. How was the quality and quantity?