3 days old, i think something is WRONG, please help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by grower1278, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Hello GC!

Noob here, my seedlings have sprouted 3 days ago, yesterday they looked fine, but today they have a blue-ish purple color on the tips of the leaves. also they seem to be curling a lil bit on the edges of the tips. all this is occuring in my room with the 400w MH, 28in above the tops. in my other room using cfl's they look fine, no dis-coloring! no nutes yet, just plain bottled water, ph 6.8, soil ph is 7.0. temp is 76* in the big room and 81* in the small cfl room. anybody have any ideas! thanx

last pic is the plants that look good in the cfl room, i only took a pic of 1 of them but they all look the same

Attached Files:

2. **bump*** anybody?????? help

3. have you flushed the soil prior to planting?

4. yes, flushed

5. hello, any advise or help would be appreciated!!!

6. Too hot (try for 70 - 75).

Try and use cfl's for seedlings.

Freak
    :smoke:

7. my temp in the room using mh 400w is 76*, while in my room using cfl is 82*

8. too much lumens for that little of a plant. just move the light farther away and gradually move it closer as it gets bigger.

9. ok i will try that, i was thinkn that mite be it, i had it at 20", now i have moved it to 30" above, will see how they respond. the growth from the cfl room has tripled now already starting the 3rd set of leaves while in the MH room they are moving very slow