3 days of on off rain should I pull my plants with big buds now before the rain

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Deleted member 942883, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Hi I have 3 big plants outside two skunks ome Northern Lights. All Ten Feet Tall with huge buds They are about a week and a half away from being ready in my opinion. I have rain predicted for Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday. Not rain all day but definitely a good shower or two throughout each day with no sun to dry the plans off. My question is a simple one should I pull the plants now? I'm concerned about Bud rot and mold. The buds on the plants are quite big I don't want to lose the crop to mold but I'm not too thrilled about pulling it this early. Any advice would be appreciated. I have attached a pic to show you all what the plants look like. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Why does a few days of rain showers make you think it's going to mold your buds? I would leave them if it were me, as long as they are healthy and doing well, until I got ready to pull them. They are designed for nature. Hopefully, your in a place where the humidity is starting to let up. We finally got some fall temps/low humidity today for the first time and what a total relief! LOL We live in the SE US and the summers or tough around here. But don't worry about mold, rot, etc. If you start to see something going wrong on the plants, you might get concerned then. But if it's not going to be constant downpours for 3 or 4 days, I seriously doubt you've got anything to worry about. Let the buds go ahead and mature on out as much as possible. It's just going to make your plants more potent. Do keep an eye out for pests during this time. It seems like this is the most likely time in the plant's life that it's going to be attacked by various things that want to munch on your plant. The white butterflies that you see flying around this time of year big will lay their larvae on your buds and hatch out caterpillars and those things can ruin a crop in a hurry. But as long as your plants are bug free and are healthy and doing good, don't be in great fear of rain. Get all you can out of them. Sounds like they're great. Best of luck to you. TWW