3 days into flower..no growth..not sure whats up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xXMelkorXx, Jun 21, 2015.

1. OK..so I decided t put my special kush into flower since I'm out of bud..

However, I'm not noticing any growth at all..when can one expect to see the preflower stretch before the buds form?

Under 180 watt led and 6 24 watt CFLs..
    Grown in 3 gallon roots organics soil

2. Takes anywhere from 2-5 weeks for pistils to start swelling up

3. Yeah if I didn't see any chance after 7 days of 12/12.

Plus bow old is your plant? If it's too young and you are forcing flower it'll take a little longer.

4. well she has been in veg for about 2 weeks..seedling stage for 2 weeks..she is about 8 to 10 inches..

special kush number 1 by royal queen seeds..and i know it takes time for pistils to form..but wondering when i will see the flower strech..

ive only grown autos indoors, so im not exactly sure about photos and their ways lol..but yeah i guess i shouldnt expect to see much after a couple days..

wish i had bud 

5. You know you won't get much bud off her right?
    A plant still has to mature enough before it can flower. I won't flip to 12/12 unless it's 6+ weeks old from seed. Sure you'll trip it into flowering eventually once it gets big enough to flower...

6. Patience grasshopper. Lol j/k im medicated n it was the 1st thing to mind.

It's only 3 days though. Give it a min. Shud strt seeing pistils about 7-10 days after 12/12 flip. I actually am flowering a sativa northern light special that is waaaaay being the other plant. I'm just starting to see pistils while the other is clearly on about 3 weeks of flowering.

Be easy bro!

7. I can't put up pics now..but I have some in my journal.. They are mature enough to enter flower..they aren't tall..but they are extememly bushy..just on this plant I have at least 8 tops coming up..I have 2 other great looking girls to flower soon..

8. Do you mean they're 2 weeks old or 4? Sorry you one post is kinda confusing.

If 2 weeks, no that's not mature enough.
    If 4 week's then you probably just flipped a lil earlier then they were ready and it'll take some extra time maybe a week or so extra is my guess.

9. 4 weeks lol.2 weeks until she shed the colydones and was past his 5th node..then 2 weeks growing more

I have ladyvurn 1974 and special queen ready to flip..they are amaz8ng l99king plants..the ladyburn I topped and lst and she has about 13 tops..she is 7 inches tall..the queen is a great looking plant too

10. Hello. My plant is into 1 week of flowering and it is already showing these at every top of the plant. They popped up so drastically and I do not know whether they are male or female pre flowers ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434897068.113434.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434897087.526658.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434897101.131825.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434897118.350996.jpg . I really hope it's female because it's stems are extremely fat and ready to hold some weight. Any response right now would ease my mind and tell me what I should do with this plant. Thank you

11. That's a male for sure buddy sorry to say. Looks like a healthy plant though.
    Ah alright yeah you probably just flipped before she was ready so it'll take a little extra time is all man.

12. #12 x0joe0x, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
    Yeah sorry mate but that's a male and I've never grown but it's real obvious by the sacks, chuck it out bro.

13. When your plant is 3 days into flower it'll still look like a vegging plant. No matter if it's been vegged for 2 weeks or 2 months. 

Wait more like 3 weeks into the flower cycle....esp if you're running a 9-10 week strain. During those first 3 weeks you'll see the plant explode upward and during the latter phase of this period you'll see the flower sites develop. 

After she's done w/ that initial climb and gets into the middle/end phase of her bloom cycle she'll put on resin and her buds will fatten up. First half of flower is more vertical growth, last half is flower maturation [​IMG]

14. Sorry to bust your bubble but that is 100% pure male.

15. Try to buy feminized seeds if you can afford it. Otherwise, you'll need to grow 3 - 4 plants at a time just to make sure you get at least 1 female. Sucks that yours turned out to be a male.

16. Uh that should be a female, cause I shop at the vault and i enjoy Royal Queen Genetics, and that is a feminised seed...........im growing one right now as we speak.

17. Feminized seeds are not guaranteed to be female. There's a 95% chance that it will be female, but there is a 5% chance that it can be a male. 95% is great, but we can't ignore that last 5%.

18. It's growing nicely....for a male plant.

19. Healthy boy there! I've never seen a male bud out quite like that, but I'm still learning! Interesting way it has budded out! Yeah, unfortunately, they cannot 100% guarantee they are ALL female seeds...been bitten a few times by that 5% myself! Part of the deal I guess....be sure you destroy it completely so it won't pollinate your girls...unless you're into breeding. I've had to toss about three in 2 years, so not a bad average. Be sure to chop him up and burn him! I was shocked that they will continue to survive without light or water in the trash bin! They're pretty tough, especially when you don't want them to be.....;)

20. I give my photos 36 hrs dark Before i 12/12 them it speeds up the process a touch