3 day old Auto Critical. To much stretch?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Garden89, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Hi. My 3 day old seedling is as close to the 250w hps as i feel comfortable with.
    Seems a little stretched still? Should i be worried..

Attached Files:

2. lower the light to stop streaching. hold ur hand at the top of the plant, do you feel heat? to low.
    I run a 600w HID at only around 20 inches or so

• Like Like x 1
  3. Its a little stretched but nothing to worry about. I would move the light closer though. A 250w can be within 12 inches of the plant

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cool. Ill move it a tad closer then. Thanks.

5. more will help as well around the base of the stem u could start to lst if u need to

6. More what will help around the base?? will try lst out. scrog with a auto is a no go right?

Attached Files:

7. seedlings will stretch in the first 10 days or so. this is why it is good to start seedlings in a small 1qt or smaller container (half full of medium) so you can add soil when they stretch. this will help prop them up when they get top heavy. then transplant into a larger container as it gets bigger. the stem is very fragile in the first 10 to 14 days. do not try to do any training during that time, just concentrate on getting the main stem strong enough to support itself. some light air blowing on the seedlings will help build up the strength of the main stem as well. but it looks good so far.