3 600w hps for 20 plants... veg light questions

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by smoothkriminal, Jul 19, 2010.

1. I am in the planning stages of setting up my first grow and i am about to purchase 3 600w hps for flowering. I plan on flowering about 20 plants under these

I am going to get clones and want to veg for 3 weeks maybe 4.

I also plan on having a veg room and a flower room (where the 3 600w hps will be)

My question is how much light would be optimal for vegging 20 plants in the veg room? and what would be the best light to use?? a metal hallide?

Power intake will be a slight issue so i want to keep wattage as low as possible without hurting the plants potential.. because my #1 goal is to grow the DANKEST BOMBEST SEXIEST buds known to human

Thanks in advance:wave::smoke::bongin::smoke::bongin:

2. Since it's a separate veg room I would do four 8 bulb T5s. MHs put out a ton of heat and unless you can good 1800 watts of metal halides which would require outside venting or constant air conditioning, especially now.

If I had to put a percentage on the effectiveness of T5s to metal halides I would say 75%. They do need to be adjusted for height but not as much as yesterdays flouros as they penetrate about a foot and a half to two feet before excessive stretch occurs perfect for a veg plant.

3. Thank you. Any other suggestions/input?