3.5 weeks into flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smiley Coyote, Jul 1, 2010.

1. They look a little thin to me. The strain is unknown and is different between the two plants. The bud growth itself is not so bad but I feel it would be much more so if the rest of the plant looked more vibrant. I have been using Foxfarm Big Bloom with a little Grow Big and some Indonesian bat guano - a little Superthrive here and there. My soil is, by now, neutral, holding only the nutes I give it. Unfortunately, I am only getting them 276 watts of CFL between the two and am unlikely to be able to give it more than another fifty or so watts.

Humidity has been middle of the road, on average, probably under fifty most of the time and the temps a bit low too, from 70-78 on average during the day. My ventilation is not top notch but ought to improve for next crop.

Specifically, are there any flags showing to viewers that make one think it is getting too much of one thing or not enough of the other?

I am currently planning to give it some blackstrap and high phosphorous guano this next time around.

Criticisms are welcome.

Attached Files:

2. is that actual watts or equivalent you are using

3. Oh, they're the real thing.

4. Too much stretch bruh. You gotta get em closer to the light. That's why they look so thinned out. Upgrade your lighting. CFL's, imho, suck, compared to florescent T5's. It's totally worth it. And FF is ok...their grow mediums are better than their nutes, imo.

5. The problem is that the lights I have are VERY close to the top most colas so they cannot come down any lower. I did some LST to try to get them to shoot several colas per plant but the ones that are closest are benefiting while the lower ones do not. I know that HPS and metal halides are the route for me for next time. I am hoping to put in another 39-65 watts soon though.

6. I've got the ff three pack for soil and it works great and I use a 250w cfl just as long as u keep them close they don't "suck" and sometimes that's all people have just put those lights closer and try to add some more watts and ull have some smoke no worries

7. I've got the ff three pack for soil and it works great and I use a 250w cfl just as long as u keep them close they don't "suck" and sometimes that's all people have just put those lights closer and try to add some more watts and ull have some smoke no worries now I don't know if I'm reading correctly or not but ur 3.5 weeks into flower and using ffgb and ffbb? U should be using tiger bloom at this stage I started mine at 800 ppms fftb and full strength big bloom and u will notice the difference the very first time u water they love the stuff anyway man just keep truckin u can only get better with experience

8. You need side lighting hardcore. They would be much bushier and less stretchy. Only having lights above the plant with CFLs is a big no-no. YOu may already have some side lighting but you need more. And closer to the plants.

9. Cfl's dont suck compared to florescent t whatever man. Cfl's are florescent, and they are great for growing. I grew and harvested 3 awesome and very VERY bushy plants from using cfl.
    And mdavid is right if you just have the plant surrounded kind of by the cfl's it would be fine. Take a look at some of my plants, all of them cfl grown

10. NO MORE GROW BIG!!! That's a veg nute, you're flowering. It's ok to overlap it at the beginning but that's when it gets put away till the next grow ;)

You should definitely look into doing a SCRoG for your next grow,..eliminates all these issues.

Good luck Bud!!

11. CFL's are really good. I have upgraded to 400 HPS and yes its better, but I am always fighting heat, especially now in the hot summer. I'm also constantly raising a heavy light, wich isn't easy. I'm thinking of going back to CFL's in the summer and HPS when its cooler.

Yes stop the Grow Big now. Go pick up some Tiger Bloom, but definitely keep the bat guano as well.

12. Need to get those light about 4" from the tops with cfl"s. More around the middle of the plant if you can. More lights may raise the temp a few degrees but, your 78 should work fine.

I have 4 plants under 2-200 watters and 6-42 watters. Had a total of six plants and removed two and are growing much better.